• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re using slides and activities in another Captivate module

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of creating a nine week e-learning course for dental assistant training.  We have quite a few learning activities that we have created that we wish to repeat across the course to allow the students to review.  Is it possible to copy and paste or duplicate and re use activities in CP?  Some of these are drag and drop activities that took quite a long time for me ( a CP newbie) to create and I would rather not have to do so if I can avoid it.  Many thanks.  Latest version of CP is being used (as of 9-16-19) and the projects are responsive.  

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy entire slides from one project file to another and Captivate will bring across any related variables or Advanced Actions, but there are several caveats.

You should make sure the projects are both of the same dimensions in height and width otherwise things may not line up as you expect.

Captivate will ensure that no objects are able to have object names that would conflict with other objects already residing in the target project.  If such conflict would occur it will usually add some numbers on the end of the imported object names to ensure uniqueness.  At times this can mean that the Advanced Actions will need to be partially or completely rebuilt. 

Also be aware that if your Advanced Actions contained actions to jump to another slide, those actions will likely be reset to Continue once everything is copied into the new project because the previous target slide does not exist there.

These are just a few of the things to look out for.  But the short answer is that you CAN normally copy slides and interactions from one project to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Rod's answer - maybe he missed that you are talking about a 'responsive' project, which probably means that you are using fluid boxes.  That complicates everything a lot. Did you create a custom theme, which includes the object styles, master slides etc? Be sure to use the same theme for the destination project. Advanced actions triggered by slide events can be a problem as well. Whenever possible I would advise to use shared actions, to make the transition easier. But maybe you don't use shared nor advanced actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources