Highlighted

Recover Captivate Project

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the 2019 version....completely technologically special needs so please help! 

My captivate project shut down without any kind of warning or response. Just closed itself. I need to recover. I have searched the community and saw instructions to dowload dcache.zip but I have a Mac. Any help? I really don't want to wait until they open on Monday. Trying to navigate this new teaching online for my students!! Thank you!

Topics

Advanced, Advanced actions, Editing, Getting started, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Recover Captivate Project

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the 2019 version....completely technologically special needs so please help! 

My captivate project shut down without any kind of warning or response. Just closed itself. I need to recover. I have searched the community and saw instructions to dowload dcache.zip but I have a Mac. Any help? I really don't want to wait until they open on Monday. Trying to navigate this new teaching online for my students!! Thank you!

Topics

Advanced, Advanced actions, Editing, Getting started, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
sabre123 LATEST
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks. 

This thread I link to below is for a prior version of Captivate, but I just tested on a Windows machine with a CP2019 (version 11.5.1.499) and it worked (and someone in the thread is on a Mac and they said it worked for them, too). Pretty straighforward instructions. Your mileage may vary, given your circumstances. 

Create a .cptx from your local CP cache folder 

You should be able to determine where your cache folder is by going to Edit and choosing Preferences. Then look for Project Cache for your path. 

Here's how you create a .zip on a mac:

Create zip on a mac 

As the instructions say, rename the .zip to .cptx and copy or move that file to your working folder for your school projects.

Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines