• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovery: Shared .cptx file

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! So I just wanted to publish an old project as HTML5/SWF, but I cannot open it. Is there any way to recover a shared .cptx file? Although I have the assets (fonts, photos and audio clips), but it is apparently corrupted. I suspect it has something to do with the cache? I tried looking for answers here, I found people recommending dcache, but the links to the downloads are either broken or just for Windows OS. Please help me, thank you! 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How 'old' is that project? You cannot open all old projects in the most recent version, that may be problem. You may need an intermediate version to upgrade.

Do NOT publish to both SWF and HTML anymore. Focus is nowadays only on HTMLoutput/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, thank you for taking time to answer my query. My project is just a little over a year old, and my I have the Adobe Captivate 2017 Release (10.0.0.192). So which publish type would you recommend for something to be posted on a portfolio website? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are still on the first release of CP2017, didn't install the bug patches. Most recent one led to 10.0.1.299.

Publish only to HTML5.  That results in a folder which you can upload to a webserver or to a LMS if you turned reporting on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources