• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red boxes appear when previewing...SOMETIMES

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a hit or miss. When I go to preview my project in Captivate, red squares come up in place of certain images. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's random images, sometimes it will work and then on one slide the image just randomly turns to a red box. Sometimes the problem can be fixed just by exiting out and opening it up again.

This happens both while previewing the project and the html version. This does not happen to the individual slides when viewing 'from slide' but I need this project to be complete in the next week or so and I am concerned that when I present the project, the red boxes will appear. I feel like I don't have control over it.

Is there a way to stop these boxes?

The Captivate file is saved on my desktop and there is an xmlParser document that I keep deleting but it keeps showing up on my desktop, I was thinking maybe it had something to do with it?

I can open the xmlParser in Notepad and it reads:

Error [not well-formed (invalid token)] @ line 1 col 176

Error [not well-formed (invalid token)] @ line 1 col 177

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

To clear the cache, simply close down all Captivate projects and then go to Edit > Preferences > Global Preferences: General Settings and click the Clear Cache button.

To change all slides to High Quality, select all slides in the project, then on the Properties tab > Style section select High (24 bit) from the Quality drop-down menu.

The issue with red graphics is usually due to use of 32 bit PNG files or other graphics that need to be displayed at higher quality settings.  That's why I suggested

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear your Project Cache and change your Slide Quality setting on all affected slides to High Quality 24 bit.  Contrary to what you might thnink, in most cases setting to High Quality 24 bit could actually reduce your published file size when compared to other quality settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say which are the "affected slides" because it is always random, and the image is random. For instance, I just stepped through my project and it was fine(knock on wood) but who knows which slide or image will be affected next time.

Do you suggest clearing the cache and changing ALL slides to 24 bit?

Also, I am not quite sure how to do either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To clear the cache, simply close down all Captivate projects and then go to Edit > Preferences > Global Preferences: General Settings and click the Clear Cache button.

To change all slides to High Quality, select all slides in the project, then on the Properties tab > Style section select High (24 bit) from the Quality drop-down menu.

The issue with red graphics is usually due to use of 32 bit PNG files or other graphics that need to be displayed at higher quality settings.  That's why I suggested this change.  It's not usually all slides that require the setting, but if you want to be sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources