Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference Images via JS

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to use random numbers to select images on a slide. I've got the JS working for generating the random numbers and a user defined variable that it's assigned to in Captivate. The issue I'm having is I can't find a way to use that number to show an image on the slide. I tried using multiple tabs on an advanced action, but that didn't work well.

The way it's set up is the JS will execute on slide enter. When the user presses the button on the slide, it will read the random number, pick the appropriate image, and display it. So far, the slide enter code works. It generates the number and assigns it to the User Defined Variable.

When I try creating an advance action with multiple tabs, only the first tab executes. Is there a way to have Captivate run through multiple If/Else scenarios that I'm not seeing? I'm on Captivate 2017 V 10.0.0.192 on a corporate system so I can't upgrade to the latest at the moment. This is the latest approved for our org for now.

Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you.​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Captivate can't do a chain of if-elseif-elseif. You'd have to organize the action in a series of IF tabs without ELSEs

If number == 1

Show image1

If number == 2

Show image2

etc.

You could even make this into a shared action for all of the buttons to use.

Or, do it all in JS since you already have the random function working. Make a function something like

function showImage(){

cp.hide("image1"); //first hide all images if needed

cp.hide("image2");

If (randomNum == 1){

cp.show("image1");

}

else if

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore the Marked Answered. I accidentally clicked the link when I was scrolling on the page. Question is still up for discussion. Still looking for an answer or ideas. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate can't do a chain of if-elseif-elseif. You'd have to organize the action in a series of IF tabs without ELSEs

If number == 1

Show image1

If number == 2

Show image2

etc.

You could even make this into a shared action for all of the buttons to use.

Or, do it all in JS since you already have the random function working. Make a function something like

function showImage(){

cp.hide("image1"); //first hide all images if needed

cp.hide("image2");

If (randomNum == 1){

cp.show("image1");

}

else if(randomNum == 2){

cp.show("image2");

}

}

Call this function on click of each of your buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dan. I discovered that myself through trial and error with the multiple tabs in Advanced actions. Wish I had seen your reply before going through that. Lol.

I appreciate the help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources