Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove focus of Text Entry Box in browser

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

My project requires that the course simulate a copy/paste activity. The first task is to click on a Text Entry Box (TEB) that has default text entered. They need to click in the box and highlight the text. Works fine in Captivate Preview mode, but does not when published. After publishing and running in Chrome, when the slide with the TEB is viewed, the default text in the TEB is already highlighted, which defeats the task of clicking in and highlighting.  I have tried adding another actionable object (i.e., button or click box) that is at the top of the timeline and is higher on the slide (Y value) than the TEB, trying to force the browser to set the focus to that object so the TEB doesn't highlight the default text. That did not work. 

Anyone got a clue? I am using Captivate 2019, version 11.5.1.499.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers Russ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all update to the most recent version, you are on an unsupported one. Most recent for Windows is 11.5.5.553.

A Text Entry Box is always on top of the stack, wherever it is on the timeline stack.  There are some logical explanations but I don't want to expand.

Replace the TEB by a Scrolling Text Interaction. It is not interactive and the learner can select text (and edit, add text) if you set it up correctly. See:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/scrolling-text-interaction-to-replace-text-entry-box

Do not be confused because it seems to be based on SWF, it plays perfectly in HTML5 output.

When you talk about Preview, if you are on a non-responsive project, you need to use F11 Preview HTML in Browser to have a close view of what the output will look like, because that one only generates a temporary HTML output and plays in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can place a second TEB with the same default text over top of the first. The lower TEB will have the focus, but your end-user won't see it.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources