• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove in-line JavaScript from Index.HTML output to seperate file

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I manually strip all the JavaScript from Index.HTML files and reference one unobtrusive JavaScript file with these scripts contained in it, among others that we have as the JavaScript callbacks from our LMS.

I'm wondering if there's some way to change the master template that generates the correct index.html file in this way for us rather than having to change the output Index.html file of every presentation after the fact.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Captivate 7 JavaScript video series is live:

http://captivatedev.com/2014/01/02/javascript-video-series-adobe-captivate-7/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Jim! Congratulations and thanks.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

Yes. I’m just going to need to dig further into this. However in speaking to Captivate support they indicated this would be addressed in a forthcoming release.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jim:

I understand your personal position on the asthetics, but our situation is one that we can't do anything but what they tell us to do, and our swf version do that, so the html5 version has to do it also, since they want it to disappear when not available. The popup is annoying and won't appease the audience we are targeting. If it's there it is clickable (childish I know but it's just the way things are here). We also have to make the slider non-functional as far as mouse events during that same time. So I have my work cut out for me.

@davideven:

I agree, it's nice to have someone to talk to that actually understands the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ursitehost:  Instead of a pop up, you can make the clickhandler an empty function. 

Regardless, I understand your requirements.  As David suggested, use jQuery for this:

//Hide Forward Button

$(".playbarSmallButton[title='Forward ']").hide();

//Show Forward Button

$(".playbarSmallButton[title='Forward ']").show();

The $(".playbarSmallButton[title='Forward ']") selector is selecting all elements that have the ".playbarSmallButton" class and the title attribute equal to 'Forward '.

The space in 'Forward ' is deliberate.  When you execute the hide() method, you'll see the buttons on the playbar re-arrange themselves (which is why I don't like this aesthetically).  I'm fairly certain swf output doesn't do that.. all buttons retain their original positions.  Your client may not like the re-arrangement.  Disabling the click handler with an empty function may be a smoother option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you manually strip out the js from the HTML file?  I'm being told that I need to strip out the inline js and script tags in the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources