• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Slide Title text from top of table of contents.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to remove the text at the top of the table of contents that says "Slide Title" with a little flag next to it?

I've searched and can't seem to find how to turn that off.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Please type below one line of code in on enter execute javascript in first slide.

tocHeading.PNG

$('#tocHeading').hide();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide Title is part of the skin - it can not be turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, it can be translated, but it is a very old workflow, not sure it still works in CP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve this is what I have been talking about. If Adobe is serious about keeping Captivate as the premiere eLearning tool for educators, instructional designers  and online learning developers - continuous "javascript hacks" like this or things like sliders or whatever, to do things the software should do, will continue to turn off the bulk of Captivate users. They are educators, trainers, instructors -  - if you need a rollout of training in a company for a new marketing initiative or have to train staff on a mandated government regulation, you don't have the time and resources to spend your time becoming a software "programmer"- that's Adobe's job - that's why you buy the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know I totally agree with you, David. Problem is also that many users now think they cannot solve any situation without JS, which is not the case. Advanced actions, or applying already created shared actions, are within the skill level of a great part of those people, which is not the case IMO for JS when I look at the questions everywhere.

In my career I only needed JS for occasionally randomizing, and some formatting (like for dates, time).

Offering a library with shared actions could already be a start....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're feeling ambitious you could build your own table of contents. This way you have full control over what it contains. Check out this tutorial I did a year or so ago.

Adobe Captivate 9 - Pop Out Custom Table of Contents - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. I did watch your video which is very well done. Thanks! I think I'll stick with the existing TOC i've got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please type below one line of code in on enter execute javascript in first slide.

tocHeading.PNG

$('#tocHeading').hide();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting work around. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old thread, but for anyone who would like to change/replace the text "Slide Title" in the TOC heading, this works well:

$(document).ready(function() {
   $(".tocSlideTitleHeading nobr").replaceWith("<span>New Title</span>");
});

The <nobr> tag Adobe is using is not only ancient, its nonstandard HTML and may behave inconsistently on modern browsers.  Replacement with span tag is what Adobe should have done years ago.  Kind of sad that it's still part of Captivate 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That js code works for me, but how do I prevent it from srapping? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrappingm that is. I changed it to Table of Conents, and it wraps after Table, and half of the "of Conents gets cut off.

Also, this does not impact the start page. I wish I could hide the TOC on the start page and wait to see it until after the user hits play and reaches slide1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did u find a way that also impacts the start page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the action Hide TOC and Show TOC or toggle the system variable cpCmndTOCVisible with the On Enter event of each slide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn`t about the whole TOC. The Problem is only this "Slide Title" caption. Like @danielb51742821 mentioned. It isn`t a problem for the slides but for the start page before you click the play button. As you can see in the first picture, the "slide Title" is still there. But on the slides (second picture) the suggested JS: $('#tocHeading').hide(); works just fine.
TOC_start.pngTOC_slide.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to add the css to the CPLibraryAll.css after publishing or you can create your own CSS file (toc.css) and include it in the head of the index,html in the source folder

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\HTML\index.html"

Include statement:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="assets/css/css/toc.css">

drop the css file in the assets/css folder

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\HTML\assets\css"

The css would be:

#tocHeading{
display:none
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources