• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

removing text typing sound from a slide

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remove the text typing sound from an individual slide.  why not?  Should I just be able to right click on the "tpying text" segment in the timeline and click delete?  This doesnt' work.  Bug!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be so quick to assume something is a bug just because you don't know the workflow.

Typing text objects are a bit of an unusual case in Captivate because they are locked into the slide more deeply than other objects, and hence have to be dealt with somewhat differently.

Right click on the typing text layer, and select Replace with Text Animation from the context menu.

TypingText_ReplaceWithTextAnimation.png

Once you've converted the typing text object to a a text animation, THEN you can delete it. You might have designed Captivate to work differently, but then you might not have thought of giving the users the option of converting typing objects to text animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, keystrokes are added when publishing the project. To remove them in Captivate 8, select Edit | Preferences | Project | Publish Settings | and uncheck Play tap audio for recorded typing.

Adobe Keystroke sounds.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Publish Settings instructions worked better for me than attempting to Replace with Text Animation. I would recommend that way if you don't need or want to customize the text further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RodWard,

I am using Captivate 2019. After I right click on the typing text layer and click on "Replace with Text Animation" nothing happens and nothing changes.

My objective is basically to try and remove the typing sounds.

Could you please advise.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a normal project or a responsive project?

Are you publishing to SWF or HTML5? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Its a software simulation project (not responsive). I am publishing it as a video.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The functionality that was originally being discussed in this thread only really applies to SWF content that was intended to be published for interactivity.  If you want an output that is going to be video, why not just capture the simulation as a Video Demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For better quality please do not use software simulation but use Video Demo. Moreover you'll have a dedicated editor which allows you to achieve a much better result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources