• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replay button in Captivate 2019

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for a replay button that will work in 2019.  I read Lilibri's blog post Replay (slide) button.  The first replay didn't seen to work to reset the slide.  I tried building the second option and I'm either assigning the wrong action to the wrong place or it just doesn't work for me.

Would appreciate any and all advice.  The original AA for the replay that the customer used was Go to Previous Slide then the next line was Go to Next Slide.  It seemed to work before but doesn't now.

TIA Susan

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one that works but is on a different computer. I will post it later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by reset? Are you trying to reset a drag and drop or simply nav to the beginning of the timeline for a slide?

Do you need any variables to be reset as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at my blog for Replay button. You need second scenario.
Alternative, maybe easier:
Insert short dummy slide, 0.1sec before slide to be reset. Use action Go to
Previous slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did attempt to use your Replay button blog post.  But I either missed something or I assigned the wrong actions to the On Enter and the Replay button.  We all know I'm not as smart as I'd like to be.

I'll try the 0.1 second slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends what you want to reset. I summarized what will be reset automatically. The dummy slide approach has been explained in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/easy-timeline-tweaks

The On Enter action is mainly used to 'reset' items that are not reset automatically: objects that need to be hidden, variables that need to be reset etc. The Replay button with the micronavigation approach (to re-enter the slide which makes the Reset action to replay) will only navigate. In order to navigate to a frame little bit before the first frame of the slide to be reset, you need to assign the frame number to a user variable in the On Enter action as well.

There are plenty of example use cases on ly blog using either the dummy slide approach or the micro-navigation one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an Advanced Action with this inside:

Expression      cpCmndGotoSlide = cpInfoCurrentSlide - 1

Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, that used to be working versions ago for SWF output. Now that expression will no longer be fundtional because it is NOT re-entering the slide, just restarts from frame 1. I cannot explain, just had that experience. That is the reason I use eitehr micro-navigation or the dummy very short slide with Go to Previous slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True it doesn't re-enter the slide, but it does replay the slide.

We don't use any onEnter actions so that's not an issue, all it does is actually replay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP needs to re-enter the slide to reset things. In my blog about Replay slide, I have both scenarios described, without and with re-entering for reset reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I missed it but I am still wondering if there are any variables that also need to be reset in order for the slide to "play" correctly.

Simply re-entering the slide will not reset variables unless there is an action being triggered to set each variable back to the default value if that is what is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have explained that already, also in the blog. Some reset will happen automatically (Drag&Drop as KC slide, effects, states if Retain is not checked etc), other will need a real On Enter action: hiding, re-assigning values to variables....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have JavaScript that has a reset function, so if you actually want the slide to truly reset to it's original state (show/hide items) you just add the JavaScript resetSlide();

I include the visibility scripts in all of the projects I develope.

@Stagprime

Resetting variables per slide would be a nightmare as there isn't anything "under-the-hood" that tells where they are being used. You can reset them all easy enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use Hide/Show but replace it by multistate objects. Two reasons: no need for reset, and can be used in Fluid Boxes projects. I expected you to have a JS solution of course. 

If you use shared acttions, and well-designed user variables, the reset On Enter actions are not that hard at all. At least to my experience.  Of course based on many years of avoiding JS whenever possible. My clients can handle the shared/advanced actions, but rarely JS.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, we use the states all the time now, just wish they could handle more and interactive objects.

I do have clients that can't use the JavaScript solutions unless absolutely necessary. My scripts usually handle the same things, toggling buttons, detecting the end of slide, utility tyoes of things. It really does do a lot and is avalable to use or not. The best thing about it is there are no advanced actions so the onEnter is always available to do odd tasks that are usually screen specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources