• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Report click box action to LMS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2017 and I'd like three click boxes at the end of a course to report if the learner clicked them or not, back to an LMS for reporting.

The LMS is Learn.com.

Two click boxes open a website, and one opens a PDF.

I would like to track if learners click these boxes are not.

Is there a way to do this in Captivate 2017.?

I tried adding it to the quiz, but that didn't work how I wanted.

I wonder if an advanced action is what I need, but I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Diana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say it didn't work the way you want?

How did it work?

How do you want it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It added the click boxes to the quiz scoring and moved the scoring page to the end of the course. I don't want the click tracking to report on the quiz results or with the quiz.

I've recently added a variable and advanced action for each click box. I've not had a chance to test that yet to see if it works. I can tell you, I don't want the clicks reporting as part of the quiz or quiz results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not uncheck 'Add to Total'? But keep the Reporting set up, so that it has an Interaction ID. You may need to edit the score slide, because the total number of questions will still include the click boxes, but the score and percentage will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did that, but it moves the results slide to the end of the course and I don't want the results slide at the end of the course. I want it after the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a custom score slide, if that is the only problem, and hide the default score slide (it is needed to transfer the data to the LMS). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you want to transfer data of all interactions, including the click boxes, to the LMS, the default score slide needs to be after those interactions. Creating a custom score slide is very easy, since all data are available in quizzing system variables . Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about adding a retake quiz button to a custom built results slide. Is there a way to do that without effecting the click boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to visit the default score slide for that purpose, which can be done without remaining on that slide. Use an action that jumps to the default score slide (do not hide it, but avoid allowing to visit it), delay the smallest amount of time (0,1 sec) and go back to the custom score slide. You can trigger that advanced action by a custom Retake button (it doesn't have the Retake functionality, but will do the trick because you visit the default results slide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the idea Lilybiri. I'm just not following what you mean by delay the action and adding advanced actions and don't allow to visit. I have no idea where to begin to make all of this work. Are you aware of instructions out there for situations like this? 

I'm struggling to get my mind around what all I need to do to make this work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are attempting here is somewhat advanced.  You're not likely to find instructions that perfectly match the use case you are building.

Have you undertaken any formal training in Captivate yet?

If you can't afford to take training, have you read all the posts on Lilybiri's blog or searched Google for terms like "Captivate Advanced Actions", to find other websites that offer this kind of information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had training and I've searched/read a ton of blog posts. This particular use case has me stuck. The challenges are the click boxes I want to track with the quiz are the last slide of the course, and must remain the last slide of the course. Additionally, the learner must retake the quiz, this is a requirement. It may not be possible to achieve this process.

I've tried many different techniques but none achieve what I need.

If you have additional ideas, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published tutorials about lot of use cases, but not exactly yours.  As Rod points out, I am persuaded that most developers could save tons of hours if they took at least some training. At this moment I am training a Captivate user with a 'personalised' training, and after each session she exclaimed 'Why didn"t I find you one year ago, it would have saved me so much time and frustrations'.

I was talking about a short advanced action with 'Delay next actions...' and 'Jump to commands'? Prventing a user of visitig certain slides, means you use custom navigation buttons, not the playbar, and allow never to go to those slides. You can hide them in the TOC as well, if you allow navigation by TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I figured it out. I've got it working now. I needed to step away from Captivate for a minute to sort it out in my brain. Thank you for your words of advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri. How do I add a retake button to a custom results slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The click boxes are on the last slide of the course and a place for learners to access additional information about the products and features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources