Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reporting (after course)

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have quiz with reporting (using internal server) . When I'm doing publishing , using SWF output format, reporting working fine (window called "POST RESULTS" pops up after compliting the quiz - where i have to write something in name frame and something in email adress frame - then click on "send" button , rezults are going to server).

When I have using HTML5 output format reporting don't work  ... why??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kamil,

Make sure that the learning object are properly close.

Are the setting for reporting on the quiz check.

Upload the learning object to Scorm Cloud to test it.

create a free account, in order to test the learning object in a LMS.

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/SignUpForm

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used reporting to an internal server since a while a,d never with HTML5 output. May I ask you to log a bug report?

@Luis reporting to an internal sever is rather different from reporting to a LMS, I don't know if a SCORM Cloud test (which can be done from within Captivate) is a reference in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri

I don't have any bug report

I always used SWF output format ( i had old version of Adobe Captivate) and reporting working fine. At the end of the course i have summary slide (there are information like max score, correct questions, accuracy %) and when i click on "finish button" pops up window where user must fill name and something in email adress - them "send" button (in this window) will activate. After clicking "send" file (in xlm format) goes to the specified server  .

Now I have licence for new Adobe Captivate and there is option to use HTML5 output format in publishing.

I did publishing using HTML5 out of curiosity (now quality is better) - even on the iphone course is going (using SWF format it was imposible) and reporting is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this form to report the bug:

Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have foud cause.

In the folder , where we have to put files after publishing, there are two files (internalserverread.php and internalServerReportinh.php). I replaced them for new one and now after finishing course window pops up... but when i click on "send" (information "Results posted successfully) i don't have file in the indicated folder .

I checked in internal server setup and everything is ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine! Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, fine, but why i don't have file (in the indicated folder) after sending report . hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has never been the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Lilibiri

Reporting to an internal sever is rather different from reporting to a LMS.

I know, that is the point.

He/she should be testing the learning object in an lms.

Testing should be conducted in an environment that resemble reality.

I do not think that he/she will be deploying the learning object in an internal server.

People should develop good habits from the beginning.

Thank

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources