Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting Higher Score in LMS

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Comunity

I'm having an issue trying to report higher score in LMS, my course have 2 attempts, when user fails  the 2 attempt i like to publish in LMS only the higher score, example:

First Attempt Score = 30%

Second Attempt Score = 20%

In this case it must preserve de higher value, which is: 30%

The actual behavior is the last reported value.

I know this might sound strange, but is a requirement from my client, i hope some one could help me solving this issue.

Im' using Captivate 11.0.1.266

Here some screen captures of my project settings:

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-21 a la(s) 14.55.00.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-02-26 a la(s) 12.54.22.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-02-26 a la(s) 12.54.38.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-02-26 a la(s) 12.55.02.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-02-26 a la(s) 12.55.48.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that really needs to be more managed by your LMS.  There are two factors in play here:

• How many attempts you are giving the learner in the Captivate quiz DURING A LAUNCH SESSION.
  • Whether or not your LMS has the facility of deciding which of several attempts ON THE ENTIRE MODULE it will use for reporting.

In Captivate, if your learner gets to the Quiz Results slide but has not as yet passed the quiz, you can give them the option to Retake Quiz and try for a better score.  If the learner clicks that Retake Quiz button, their current score is NOT sent to the LMS.  It would however be send to the LMS if they clicked the Continue button, allowing the Quiz Result slide timeline to continue playing to its end.  This is why you are only seeing the last reported score in your LMS. The LMS is only getting one score per user session.

If you set the Captivate quiz to only allow ONE attempt, then there will be no Retake Quiz option.  To reattempt the quiz and try again, the learner would need to relaunch the entire module from the LMS.  This way, each launch of the module will result in a different score being sent to the LMS.

THEN the next issue is how your client's LMS decides to retain or display the scores it receives from course module launch sessions.  Some LMSs (Moodle for example) give you several options.  You can keep the last score, highest score, or average of all scores received.  But Moodle (ironically) does this bit a lot better than many other much more costly LMSs. 

Since I don't know what the capabilities of your client's LMS are, this is something YOU will need to find out.  And I suggest you find out FIRST before wasting time trying to reconfigure your Captivate module to do something that might not be possible with that LMS anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear RodWard:

Thanks for taking the time to review my case.

i really believe it must be a way to do this in captivate, my LMS Is cornerstone and it only displays the data aquired from inside the course.

It is imperative to have 2 attempts no more no less, and preserve only the higher score of those 2 attempts, instead of the last one.

I know its tricky but my client ask for this, and im pretty sure there must be a way to achieve this. Hope someone could help.

Thanks again for your kind answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI: Rod Ward is THE expert about the topic 'Captivate and LMS'. I would appreciate if you find someone who can realize what you write 'I really believe it must be a way to do this in Captivate'.

You should talk with the LMS people but that is my opinion of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources