• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for help uploading sample project for review.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eLearning Community!

I need some help posting a sample project for an eLearning Instructional Design class I am taking. I have had success publishing a sample project in Adobe Captivate 2019, zipping the files, and then uploading the media here to the Adobe community for my professor and peers to review (with a project URL).

However, recently I’ve been getting an error message when I try to upload a captivate file “Invalid file contents.Upload failed.” I’m not sure why this is happening since I have had success doing the same in the past. The file size is small (3.5 MB) and I made sure to zip the files when publishing in the authoring tool. Since this is for an instructional design course, there is no LMS to submit the sample project to and I don’t know how else to share my progress with my class. 

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have posted same question in the community portal, and some one has answered almost immediately. You clearly didn't read that answer. I will try here as well.

You are confusing two different 'files'.

• the 'raw' cptx-file which is the developing file meant to lead to an output file
  • the folder which you get when publishing to HTML5;  it can be a simple folder which you can upload to a webserver. That folder can be zipped manually or by checking the option to zip in the Publishing dialog box. It can also be a SCO, which is an automatically zipped folder and is meant to upload to a SCORM compliant.  LMS. To create a SCO you need to set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences.

In the portal you can upload two types:

1. The cptx-file: for that purpose you need to use the Add Media button, same button you are using for uploading attachments like graphics to be embedded in your question, pdf... That button accepts also cptx-files and they will be included as a download link.
  2. The published folder in its first version (no SCO). It is compulsory in that case to have it zipped by Captivate, not manually. To upload that folder you use the Add Captivate project (HTML5 -zip). I agree that it is bit confusing.

portalPost.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources