• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting checkboxes in a Knowledge Check MCQ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a KC slide with a multiple choice question (with multiple correct answers). I have some custom buttonsadded to show whether an answer is right or wrong. What I want to do is have the user either a) click a button and reload the slide, or b) continue with the module. The continue button works fine. The issue is that the checkboxes don't clear on reload.

I did something similar with a drag/drop scenario (huge shoutout to Lilybiri for her advice), using some advanced actions. The thread for that is here. I've created actions for when the slide loads, and also when the user clicks a reset button I've created.

I created a variable v_enter, and on enter I assigned it with cpInfoCurrentFrame. When I click the Reset button, I have an Expression which is cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume = v_enter -2.

When I click the reset button, first the slide reloads. However, the Submit button is disabled, and then it goes on to the next slide anyway.

Is there a way around this? (by the way, this KC is the only question of any type in this file)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Which version do you use? Some versions have issues with micro-navigation.

If this is a real KC slide, it should be automatically reset when re-entering. It looks like it is not re-entering really. Did you try to increase the number of frames in the Expression (more than 2)? Alternative is the dummy short slide before the KC slide, and Replacing the micro-navigation by Go to Previous slide. If that dummy slide is only 0.1 sec, learner will not even see the navigation but you'll be sure to re-ente

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Some versions have issues with micro-navigation.

If this is a real KC slide, it should be automatically reset when re-entering. It looks like it is not re-entering really. Did you try to increase the number of frames in the Expression (more than 2)? Alternative is the dummy short slide before the KC slide, and Replacing the micro-navigation by Go to Previous slide. If that dummy slide is only 0.1 sec, learner will not even see the navigation but you'll be sure to re-enter the KC slide.

How did you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2019 version.

I tested both by standard preview and by using HTML5 in browser. I also displayed the variable cpInfoCurrentFrame. What happened is that the variable did revert to zero, but then did not stop at the 1.5 sec mark for the buttons (left that as standard). It simply kept going.

However, the 0.1 sec dummy slide worked like a charm. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not always clear which workflow is to be preferred. I prefer micronavigation but have documented the dummy slide way as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources