Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive courses

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just have a general question about responsive courses in Adobe Captivate. We are looking to build
several e-learning courses designed for ALL devices (or at least as many as possible!)

I have noticed looking at some captivate source code samples that I have downloaded that some of

these templates and obviously there's one version for the desktop, one for a few other mobile devices

(both horizontal and vertical format where the layout is automatically adjusted).

With the one that is vertically aligned, I have also noticed that the layout is squeezed horizontally.

Wouldn't it be better to have a template whereby when it comes to mobile devices, the layout is just a
smaller version the desktop one and just FLIPS if the user just rotates his mobile phone lengthways?

It's just that the layout that we had planned for the e-learning courses in general would not lend

themselves very well to a vertical layout!

Are there any examples out there for downloading?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not curse me as often happens, but Captivate is NOT packed with any Template (which is a file with extension cptl) but comes with several THEMES. There is a big difference.

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

When you talk about responsive projects, know that there are two possible workflows: either with Fluid Boxes or with Breakpoints. I have explained pro and contra of both in some blogs. Maybe that will explain little bit more. I also point to Scalable HTML5 as altrnative, which you asked for.

Fluid Boxes Or Breakpoint Views? - Captivate blog

Responsive Projects: Object styles - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wouldn't it be better to have a template whereby when it comes to mobile devices, the layout is just a

smaller version the desktop one and just FLIPS if the user just rotates his mobile phone lengthways?

As of now there is no way you can change screen orientation from the content,remember the content is playing inside a player, so better try doing this by customizing your LMS scorm player.

My advice

Go through those two links you have been given by Lilybiri​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources