Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Project from MS PowerPoint

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I could really use you help.

I have a PPT presentation (PPT 2016) that I have imported into Adobe Captivate 2019. Prior to importing, I stripped out all animation, so it is just text, some images, and links.

In Captivate, I selected the Responsive Project from MS PowerPoint option and imported the presentation. I have added click boxes over the linked text and set them to open in a new window and unchecked Continue Playing the project. 

My Preferences are set like the following (note, I have also published as 2004 for testing using the same settings for the same project):  2020-04-02_14-43-48.png

I have previewed the content in Captivate using the Preview Project and Preview in SCORM Cloud. In both cases the project worked as expected without any errors recorded.

I uploaded the SCORM files into our LMS (SABA) and previewed the content (in the latest versions of FF and Chrome) and it works as expected. 

However, when others have previewed it they are getting different results. For instance, on the first slide I see this:

2020-04-02_8-11-23.png

While others see this:

blank.png

For me, and another person, all links works as expected. For two other people, some of the links work as expected while other links, the clickboxes have moved down....quite a bit.

I have spoken with a SABA person and she thinks it is a Captivate error. This does not make sense to me since all 4 of us who have previewed the content are experiencing different results from the exact same file in the LMS. The same thing happens with both the 1.2 and 2004 versions.

I checked the HTML5 tracker in Captivate and do see the "Only animation image is supported" for almost every slide. I am not sure what role this is playing in how it is working in our LMS, but don't think that should be the cause of our inconsistencies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a high priority project and I need to get htis figured out.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a PPT slide, it is like it is converted to a movie slide. I suppose that is why you see the HTML Tracker reporting. I never use PPT as start for a Captivate project, and would never even try for a responsive project.  Did you set up Fluid boxes or do you work with Breakpoint views? For Fluid Boxes a click box should never be used since you cannot have stacked objects. I suspect you don't even have any fluid bos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Unfortunately I have to start with a PPT because that is what I received from the department to use. The slide deck is what they use for their normal face to face training that now has to go online (8 slide decks total). Everything we create is required to be responsive, so I am trying to make it work.

Each slide only has one fluid box that was created at the import stage. I have tried using click boxes for the links. This works fine for me and another person who has reviewed the content in our LMS. For the other two, some of the links work and some of them don't.

I also tried using buttons for the links. Again, all work fine for me but  only some of them work for another person.

Is there any way at all, to take a PPT and import it into Captivate and make it work, or do I need to tell them we just need to start from scratch?

I will still investigate the issue with SABA. Like I said in my inital post, the Responsive Project from MS PowerPoint option has worked just fine for two out of the 4 people who tested the content. I don't understand that at all. The file is loaded into our LMS and all of us are looking at the exact same file.

I am also wondering, if impoting a PPT as a responsive project doesn't really work, then why is it even an option in Captivate 2019?

Thanks so uch for your help and suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem pretty new to Captivate! One fluid box for each slide...how can that be a responsive project? Sorry.

You cannot create a proper responsive project from Powerpoint. Either you create a non-responsive project which you publish as scalable HTML. Other (better) workflow is to unzip the pptx which is a zipped folder, extract all the assets, import them in the Library of a new responsive project. Set up the theme which includes the setup of the master slides with fluid boxes and create the project from scratch.

One tip: first discuss with your client about what is ossible concerning their requirements. That will avoid the problems you are now encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am defintiely new to fluid boxes and am trying to figure out how they work.

If you have the time (and patience as I am trying to learn quickly) to share with me, how would I use fluid boxes with the following slide, where all underlined text is a link?

Thank you again!

2020-04-03_6-37-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should read this blog post. Not sure why you insist that particular slide to be a fluid boxes project:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-or-breakpoint-views

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have actually read that before! I have been able to convince my team that I need to start from scratch. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources