• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive project in Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm creating a responsive project in Captivate 2019 (All updated). I'm using the Breakpoint method to create it (Rather than Fluid boxes as i feel i've got greater flexibility with Breakpoints) and have the 5 views set up.

In Captivate it looks great, when i preview it it looks really good, all five views working as they should.

When i test it on my ipad all good. Test it on my iphone xs and text is overlapping plus its trying to show ipad landscape instead of phone landscape. I went with the default sizes for the responsive project.

Any ideas ? Is it a case of adding more space below each text box ? Strange how ipad landscape is showing on my phone, tried it on an iphone 7 and again ipad landscape no mobile landscape.

Also i'm using the font 'Calibri', when i preview on an ios device do i need to 'add' the font a different way as it just looks Times New Roman. Do i need to create a 'fonts.css' file manually ? I thought there was an easier way with Cap 2019 ?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand you like the amount of control with Breakpoints compared with Fluid Boxes. However did you check the resolutions? It is the BROWSER resolution which you have to set up. The principle with Breakpoints is that as long as the browser resolution is higher than the resolution for th emobile landscape the previous version will be shown, in this case iPad landscape.  You will have to edit the resolution of the mobile landscape to the browser resolution of the iPhone 7.

As for the fonts.: use only websafe fonts or Adobe fonts.  Have a look at more details in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources