Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Project using Scalable HTML5 option

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a project which one of the requirement is "Responsive". I stopped building responsive projects long ago due to the nature of my projects which I normally do. They involve multiple interactions in the same slide (multiple shapes overlapped/hide/show/etc) in which some are not possible to be done in fluid boxes. I also tried break point but again my customers doesn't use common devices,I tried long ago to build a course in break point and came to realise that the course was fitting well in devices with same dimensions I have used but for the other devices the screen looked blur like scalable HTML5 does. Break point offers limited number of devices which I can add in breakpoint (by the way I can not add all device sizes). The only option which might suit well in my project is "Scalable HTML5" but the problem with this, the images,text,video will look blur if you try accessing from different device dimension from the one you used. 

We all know mobile devices are now part of our lives, why is it taking too long for Adobe to fix this? I'm talking about fixing because the same option is working well in Articulate .

I have decided to open this as a discussion since I would love to hear from other Captivate users when it comes to responsive design what is your best option? Is there anyone who can fix bruel issue with scalable content?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objects that are not vectorized will always look different when you rescale them. No matter if you insert them in videos, use them in HTML or print them. If you use web safe fonts or API-embedded fonts they should look ok no matter resolution. Also SVG files are vector objects. All my (non inbuild) buttons and shapes are inserted in that format.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that is why I answered that there are many workflows that can improve the crispness. I use SVGs because they are vector based whenever possible. Not sure about fonts however, even though I use only websafe fonts or Adobe fonts. They are generated on runtime in responsive projects, not in a scalable non-responsive project....AFAIK

I wonder what the Articulate approach is? Since OP claims they have crisp output, does that mean that bitmaps are not used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not real sure how Articulate works but the output is far better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try using the font and post my feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep with Articulate... I didn't follow it anymore because I didn't like their approach to responsive desgn at all, maybe it has improved?

I'm sorry, but have searched everywhere for the word 'bruel'. Of course I am not a native English speaker, but this seems to be a slang term, could you explain what you mean in plain English?

Having used both Breakpoint views, and Fluid Boxes, and even trained many people about those workflow, I tend to disagree with some of your claims. You don't design with Breakpoints only for up to 5 devices, in between the breakpoints there are smooth transitions based on the setup in Position Properties. Only exception is the font size. Breakpoints workflow offers more control than Fluid Boxes but takes more time to develop and test.

In Fluid Boxes, recent Captivate versions you can combine with slides/objects set up with Position Properties instead of Fluid Boxes. As for Show/Hide which is IMO an old workflow, I will replace them in the majority of cases (even for non-responsive projects) by multistate objects. Much more efficient, always astonished how very old workflows continue to exist. 

You can get more answers, after explaining 'bruel'. If you mean blurry, there are a lot of improvements. Have a look at this rescalable project, where I used almost exclusively SVGs. I didn't use the workflow to make text crisper, but that is possible as well:

Color Quiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is my customer requirement otherwise I would have used Articulate in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob_Hokland 

I don't know why I'm not able to replay to your post,but here it is:

Thanks for shairing your experience. I did not know embedded fornts works better, I will keep using it in my future projects. I will also check how SVG can help instead of using shaped as buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources