• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Project View on Larger Monitors

New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and I are switching from a non-responsive template to a responsive template, and I have a couple questions in regards to a Responsive project's maximum width of 1280px and the three default breakpoints.

I notice that the maximum width of a responsive template within Captivate is 1280px. 

• If a user is on a computer desktop monitor that has a greater width of 1280px, would the user be able to expand a published responsive project all the way to match the monitor's full dimensions keeping all content in tact and not cut off?

• Also, if a browser holding a course in primary view was shrunk to a screen size smaller than the maximum tablet view break point width, would the course still be responsive within the rescaled browser window?

Thanks much.

-A Captivate Enthusiast

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the output: but there will be quality loss when using the file at a greater resolution than the primary (desktop) view.

I don't understand the second question. Between the primary and the tablet view, user will see the layout of the primary view. For browser resolutions lower than the tablet view but higher than the mobile view, the user will see the layout of the tablet view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time tackling a responsive design as well...

Is there a way to increase the resolution to greater than 1280? I don't seem to be able to find the option. I was able increase the resolution to the max with the slider, but I was only able to drag it to 1280.

I looked under "modify" thinking the option to increase resolution might be in that menu like it would be for regular projects, but no luck.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would end up with a so big file size that it would never run on mobile devices...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That makes sense.

I guess a feature request would be for them to determine the slide width via % not via px, so that it's 100% of the browser window.

Off to find the link for the feature request....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info from Adobe Captivate:

You can rescale your responsive projects up to 4K from menu bar option “Modify” > “Rescale Project”. After this publish your project again and view it on larger screen size to see the change.
image001.jpg

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DeiterVR, I can rescale to the client's required desktop resolution of 1600x900 in a blank project, no problem, but, as soon as I convert to Breakpoint Mode (5 breakpoints required by client), the maximum width for Desktop breakpoint is 1280, and I can't find any way around it.  I can't "re-scale" again, as it is greyed out in the pulldown.  I think I'm stuck.   Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources