• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive to Non responsive

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i want to convert reponsive project to non responsive ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing detail: is the responsive project using the Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint Views workflow?

For FLuid boxes, the answer is NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer , i use quiz so it  seems impossible like you said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quiz slides are even more sensitive. If I may offer a tip, when you need Quiz slides, use CSV or GIFT import. That way you can easily import to a another type (or version) of the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sabray

If the project is not to big copy and paste from responsive to non-responsive

Luis

Moderator:: This answer is not valid, because you cannot copy slides between a Fluid boxes and a non-responsive project, due to the totally different type of Theme which is used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luis...Do not tell nonsnes, because that is simply IMPOSSIBLE as I wrote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the assets and contents not the structure, to a new place.

Moderator: You could use the responsive project as extenal library....to retrieve assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could copy slides containing the content you wish to reuse in a non-responsive design project, but first, you must remove all the fluid boxes. Remember you will need to remove the fluid boxes, not only from the slides themselves but from the master slides as well.

Removing all the fluid boxes and then repositioning all the objects would be time-consuming and require plenty of edits to all your objects. Since a responsive project already has a default view for desktop, why not just use the responsive project and not advertise that it can be viewed on mobile as well? It seems like a tremendous amount of work to avoid having screens designed for mobile.

For your next project, you can start with a non-responsive project (blank project) and save yourself the trouble next time.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I say this is an impossible workflow, because you are not told what 'removing fluid boxes' mean. Here is the workflow for ONE fluid box. You have to start with fluid boxes on the lowest level, then work up the levels in the hierarchy.

• select the fluid box
  • select each item in the fluid box and choose Unlock from Fluid box
  • Move the item out to the scratch area
  • do this for all the items in the FB
  • delete the FB
  • repeat for FB's on same level
  • now you can move one level higher
  • when all FB are deleted on all slides using a master slide, you need to go to the master slide to delete FB's there.
  • All the items are in the scratch area, when you are finished with deleting all the FB's, you'll have to move them back to the side and position.

Why would anyone do this instead of recreating from scratch? You can open the responsive project as external library. At least you'll have the assets but probably not in the size you want them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to go through so many steps. Instead, use the Remove Fluid Boxes button to remove fluid boxes without losing any objects. This button is available on each slide's Properties Inspector. I would start eliminating fluid boxes from the Master Slides and then move on to any filmstrip slides that might be leftover. Once done, copy all those slides into a non-responsive project. You will still have much work to perform with repositioning and aligning all your objects, but I still think this would be less work than starting from scratch.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Fluid Boxes only appears in PI if all Fluid Boxes were created on the slide, not when there are FB inherited from the master slide When you use Fluid Boxes from master slides, you lose all fills, and fills may be images. Loot at the result of doing this for one slide in my most recent publicly published project. Before remcving FB from master slides:

Test1.PNG

After removing FB from master slide:

Test2.PNG

This was a simple example, is much worse when images are used as fill, which is very common to overcome the limitation of stacking objects. There is no way to know which image was used for fill.... I prefer using External library when I have to recreate a responsive project to a non-responsive. All assets are there, you can find where it was used. After setting up the non-responsive master slides and a guide grid (this time in px instead of %), it will be a lot more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lieve, you have always been a stickler for the facts. I'm just pointing out that technically removing all fluid boxes from the slides and master slide and then copying the content from a fluid box project file over to a non responsive project is possible. I was not attempting to measure how desirable the process is. If the original poster wants to use this method to recreate their project they are welcome to try, but don't say something is impossible just because you don't like the process. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources