• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restarting the module from the beginning when never send resume data is active

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a SABA LMS. Is there a way to keep the "Never Send Resume Data" active and have the module start from the beginning after completion? I added a resume option at the last slide, where the user can choose between starting from the beginning or exiting out to solve the issue. However, I am looking for a way to avoid that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is within the Preferences. You cannot set it with Global Preferences, but you can save Preferences and import them in any new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Where in the Preferences?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences, Quiz, Reporting, under the Advanced button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cp 2019, and in the LMS Advanced Setting, there is no choice to allow the module to start from the beginning after completion when the Never Send Resume Data is active.

isama84723550_0-1595861108343.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I have misunderstood your question (look at the topic title). You need to activate Never Send Resume Data. In that case bookmarking is turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no other way but to turn off the bookmarking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can publish your SCORM to version 2004 instead of 1.2 then you could also use the option to Set Exit to Normal After Completion.  It's only for SCORM 2004.

LMS_Customisation_SetExitToNormal.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod, for the tip. Unfortunately, Saba LMS does not support SCORM 2004 for mobile devices. Most of the modules I am designing are for all platforms. I think there is a way to achieve this with advanced actions, but I am not very strong in that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am strong in Advanced Actions and I can tell you there is no way to change the SCORM reporting or bookmarking behaviour of a Captivate module using just Advanced Actions.  JavaScript maybe, but not Advanced Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod. I will continue adding a slide at the end of the modules with an exit and start buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources