• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Results per Question Pool in Overall Quiz Results?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching on the forums here and elsewhere but couldn't really find info on the following situation:

In the quiz results slide for a quiz that has questions from multiple pools, I would like to show the number of correct questions from each question pool in addition to the overall results data.

For example: the quiz takes 2 of 4 questions from Pool A, then 2 of 3 questions from Pool B and the results slide would show:

Pool A: 1 of 2 questions correct

Pool B: 2 of 2 questions correct

Your Score: 75%

Total Questions: 4

It seems like the answer lies in user variables and advanced actions. For total questions per pool, I could just do a counter on each pool's question slide enter actions, but I'm not sure how to go about creating tracking data for the number of correct questions per pool...

All I can come with right now is perhaps using cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored somehow, but I don't have slide exit actions to work with so I'm not sure how to go about implementing whatever advanced action I need in the flow of things. Does anyone have any insight here?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

You will have to use the system variable cpQuizInfoLqstSlidePointScored in a conditional answer, if it was zero, do not increment a counter, only if it was positive.

Have a look at:

Intermediate score slides

Bit older, example file is still SWF and

Quizzing System variables

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to use the system variable cpQuizInfoLqstSlidePointScored in a conditional answer, if it was zero, do not increment a counter, only if it was positive.

Have a look at:

Intermediate score slides

Bit older, example file is still SWF and

Quizzing System variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I was on the right track, thanks. I've seen a number of pages on your site recently and I like all the useful info!

Because I'm using Random Question slides and there's the limitation of only having Enter actions to work with, the solution I came up with was using a custom action checking cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored and incrementing a counter variable for each question pool accordingly --- but with a blank slide in between groups of random questions tied to the pools that has a version of that action and auto-advances.

I used the slide between random question pool groups because each question in each pool can't know if it's the first new pool question after the previous pool's questions or not, to my knowledge.

Ended up with some like (example):

Pool 1: 4 questions with action: "If cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored > 0 then increment pool 1 counter"

Pool 2: 4 questions with action: "If cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored > 0 then increment pool 2 counter"

1. Random question from Pool 1 = Pool 1 action (won't increment cause previous slide wasn't a question, as intended)

2. Random question from Pool 1 = Pool 1 action

3. Blank slide for Pool 1  action = Pool 1 action + Go to Next Slide

4. Random question from Pool 2 = Pool 2 action (won't increment cause previous slide wasn't a question, as intended)

5. Random question from Pool 2 = Pool 2 action

6. Blank slide for Pool 2 action = Pool 2 action + Go to Next Slide

7. Results slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your appreciation of my blog, I would appreciate comment to blog posts. It helps to estimate what is important for users.

Your solution looks fine, was what I tried to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, almost forgot to mention: for a pool from which you only draw ONE question, the questions in the pool should NOT have the cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored action on them, otherwise the transition page will increment it one too many times!

Updated example to illustrate:

Pool 1: 4 questions (pick 2 random) with action: "If cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointScored > 0 then increment pool 1 counter"

Pool 2: 2 questions (pick 1 random) with NO action.

1. Random question from Pool 1 = Pool 1 action (won't increment cause previous slide wasn't a question, as intended)

2. Random question from Pool 1 = Pool 1 action

3. Blank slide for Pool 1 = Pool 1 action + Go to Next Slide

4. Random question from Pool 2 = NO ACTION

6. Blank slide for Pool 2 = Pool 2 action + Go to Next Slide

7. Results slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources