• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain hidden/shown button state on SCORM re-entry?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9, responsive project, hosted in Moodle LMS.

I have smart shape buttons in my project's question slides which are hidden until a learner answers correctly, at which point they are shown. When a learner exits a lesson and returns later, the answers they provided are retained, but the button states are not. I assume I need to be reporting the button state as a quiz interaction to my LMS in order for it to be preserved. Is this the case? How can I do that? How else might I retain the buttons' states across multiple sessions? I could tie their visibility to a function that shows them if the answer associated w/ the question ID is not an empty string, but I'm also not sure how to query cached answers.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

The states would need to be tied to a variable, Variables are stored in the suspend_data, so they should be retrievable, with the exception of TEB variables associated with the TEB itself. You would then need to perform an advanced action to check that variable and show the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The states would need to be tied to a variable, Variables are stored in the suspend_data, so they should be retrievable, with the exception of TEB variables associated with the TEB itself. You would then need to perform an advanced action to check that variable and show the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is SO MUCH simpler than I was thinking. Thank you! All is now working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same roadblock but I'm a relatively new user of captivate. Is there any chance you could provide an example of an advanced action to check that variable and show the item (button state)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources