• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain State on Slide Revisit

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Cap 9 we have the option to include states for objects. Anyone know what the "Retain State on Slide Revisit" check box does? I've played with it a bit and looked it up in the help but still don't see what it is supposed to do for us.

I'd like to set up a navigation button that stays in a "checked state" once it is used and I was hoping this feature might help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

You have the choice:

• Either you add that image in the custom state 'Done', in that case you need only the simple action to be triggered:
       Change state of button to Done
  • Or you create a standard advanced (or shared) action with two commands to be triggered by that button:
        Show image

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just created a quick example (have to write a blog post about this feature). Created a shape button, configure its InBuilt states and added a custom state 'Checked' which has a check mark next to the button

Checked.png

The option 'Retain state...' is checked.

For that button I created an advanced action that started with the Command 'Change state of SB_Done to Checked'. When returning to the slide from another slide, the Normal state remained replaced by the Checked state. Hope this clarifies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this several times and it still does not work.  I added an additional button and the Visited State should have a border around the button which is a text box  with Use as Button checked.  Also, used Advanced Actions to jump to a page and change the state to Visited.    Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be stopping this from working?

I am not sure where the Retain State is applied.  I tried to apply when the state was Normal and I tried to apply it to the Visited State, but it just keep moving back to the Normal State.  Still not sure how exactly this option should be working since neither worked for me.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retain state works for me. Which version do you use? You cannot change the

state of an object with an action on another slide. Did you perhaps put the

command 'Jump to slide' before 'Change state'? If that is the case reverse

the sequence of those commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me either. Does your button "retain" at the "Down" state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it will never retain the Down state, which is one of the InBuilt state. in all applications, buttons only show the Down state when the button is pressed down. If you want to keep a state after the button has been pressed, you need to add a custom state (which could be a duplicate from the Down state) and add the command 'Change State ....' to the action triggered by the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make a button change state after pressed AND "show" another image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the choice:

• Either you add that image in the custom state 'Done', in that case you need only the simple action to be triggered:
  • Or you create a standard advanced (or shared) action with two commands to be triggered by that button:
        Show image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a Correct option under my response.  Can you click it correct on your end?

Delphine

Moderator: took out your personal credentials, this is a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

add one inbuild status -  visited. it is the most simple option from my point of view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources