• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

retaining states only working for some buttons?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some input about I project I am working on. I have a slide with 7 buttons, I'll break down how they function and the problem I have run into:

Button 1 - Hides/Shows content - when it is clicked it changes to a custom state indicating that a task is complete. (retain state is on)

This is the normal state of Button 1wywl.jpgthis is the custom (completed) statewywlDone.jpg

Buttons 2, 3 and 4 - Hides/Shows content and change from the normal to the visited state until another button triggers a change to the custom (completed) state. (retain state is on)

Button 5 - changes the state of button 2 to the custom (completed) state. (retain state is on)

Button 6 - changes the state of button 3 to the custom (completed) state. (retain state is on)

Button 7 - changes the state of button 4 to the custom (completed) state. (retain state is on)

Example: Button 3 in the visited statereadBtn.jpg Button 6 (the toggle) changes Button 3 to the next state (custom state). readBtn2.jpgButton 6 changes to the completed state.

Now, here's the problem I have run into when I test the course in Scorm Cloud. When I am in the course in Scorm Cloud everything works fine. But when I exit Scorm Cloud and reopen my project the following occurs: Button 1 retains the correct state. As does button 4, 5 & 6. However, buttons 2, 3, and 4 do not retain the correct state. Is there a way to have captivate change buttons 2, 3 and 4 to the correct state when re-opening the project?

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand it well, you talk for buttons 2,3 and 4 about and InBuilt state (Visited) which occurs only in a certain situation (after having clicked the button) whereas that is not the case for the other buttons. Maybe you need to use a custom state for those buttons as well. More details in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources