Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retake Quiz - Quiz questions only

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9

I have a new requirement to create a course. Throughout the course there are 5 hot spot questions, which appear between non-quiz slides. Then at the end of the course there are 10 multiple choice questions. The requirement states the 5 hot spot questions that appear between non-quiz slides are to be included towards the score. No problem, all 15 quiz questions will be tagged as graded.

My issue is on failure retake. How does the learner see only the 15 questions after they select the retake button? Currently they go to the first graded question, but proceeding from the 1st graded question forces the learner to go through the non-quiz slides. Is there a retake graded questions only mode by selecting the retake quiz button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Allow Review of the quiz an use anoter quizzing system var 'cpInReviewMode'. Condition will now be:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 1    AND

cpInReviewMode is equal to 0

Jump to.....

ELSE

Continue

They will now see the Review buttons which allow them to navigate on the quiz slides but all slides can be visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didin't mention the version you are using. You need a conditional advanced action, which checks the value of a quizzing system variable ccpQuizInfoAttempts/ When it is greater than 1, you are in a second or later attempt on Quiz level,. or shared

On the first content slide after the last quiz slide in a sequence you use the On Enter event to trigger that action, which will be like:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 1

Jump to slide X                                      x being the first slide of the next quiz sequence

ELSE

Continue

For a shared action 'x' will be a parameter. Could be better than an advanced actin if you need to use it several times in the same project or want to use it in future projets as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I did mention it is Captivate 9. Its the all updated version. Want to get 2019 but my employer will not go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed it. Reason why I didn't post a screenshot, because the dialog box has changed with CP2017 for Advanced actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great solution, but not sure it will work for me. I can't block the learners from the content slides if they have already taken the quiz. I thought there would be a way to accomplish this in the retake quiz button functionality. I haven't tried it yet, but it seams your solution would always advance them if they've taken the quiz once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are two requirements which are really contradictory.

First you wanted them not to be forced to view the content slides while retaking a quiz.

Now you tell that you want to allow them to visit the content slides?

Put a next button on the content slides, they can quicklly click throught them if they don't want to watch them, but they'll be able  to watch them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just adding an idea to Lilybiri's suggestion about adding the Next button on those content slides. If you're not going to use the Conditional Action to jump to the next slide, then use it to SHOW these buttons when the learner is on their second or later quiz attempt.  If the buttons set to be Invisible in Output by default, then they won't show until your Conditional Action fires up during the later attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

My content slides all have custom next buttons which are timed so the user is forced to watch the entire slide before moving on. The action Rod mentions to tell the next button to display immediately on Enter if the slide has been viewed isn't the most desireable. 

Lilybiri, I dont think its too contradictory to want the the "Retake Quiz" button to put the user into a mode where they view only the graded questions. And, if not using the retake quiz button a restart course button provided to view the entire course.

I'm going to ask the training author to consider duplicating the questions in the grouped exam at the end of the content slides and use the previous versions as ungraded practice versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow Review of the quiz an use anoter quizzing system var 'cpInReviewMode'. Condition will now be:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 1    AND

cpInReviewMode is equal to 0

Jump to.....

ELSE

Continue

They will now see the Review buttons which allow them to navigate on the quiz slides but all slides can be visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like it will work!

Thanks you. I will try it very soon.

I've been a little unsure of quiz review.

While in review, does it function just like any other attempt, or is it just a 'review' of the questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not at all. Review should only be used after all attempts are finished. The answers will be blocked, but learner gets free navigation throughout the quiz slides, reason why they need the review navigation buttons which only appear in that situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources