• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return branching buttons not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a created a fairly simple e learning course. Latest version of Captivate.  Working on a PC.  Me and my colleagues are truly stumped.  And that fact that they are stumped is really amazing considering that they have many years of CP experience.

The project has 28 slides.  Slide 6 offers branching options.  That all worked fine.  My boss suggested we have return branching buttons at the end so that the learners could view the other branch they did not originally choose without having to start the course over.  So I put these return branching buttons at the end of their respective branches with "jump to slide" set to take the learner to the other branch if they wanted to go there.  That worked fine.  My boss said to move these buttons to the penultimate slide in the course just to simplify the course.  After I copied and pasted them to that slide they no longer worked. I can assign other actions to them to test like "Exit" and "Go to next slide" and those work, but they will not jump back to the beginning of the branch that I want them to. 

To add to the complication we cannot get the project to play in HTML 5 or in our LMS (Workday) but we were able to test it and preview it there before these changes outlined above were made no problem.  We have checked every possible setting and are getting no error messages.  Scorm files seem fine.  Even after removing these buttons mentioned above the course will not play in HTML 5.  But it worked fine when we previewed and tested it before.  Adding some screenshots of branching and slides in question. Thanks in advance for any help.

return branch..PNGbranch view.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching view is outdated and useless in the recent versions.  It shows only direct navigation links, but no branching linked to actions (conditional or not).

I see pausing points at different locations in the part of the Timeline you included. Why? It would have been better to show a full view of the timeline panel.

Do you have a Quiz? If yes, please show the Settings. Did you allow Backwards movement?

Did you check Advanced Interaction panel? You may have unwanted actions, that panel gives you an overview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  We ended up copying it all over into a new project and it cleared up all problems.  It all works fine now.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Means that the project was corrupt. I will close this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources