• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return to course slide when taking incorrect quiz action or incorrectly answering a quiz question

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our quizzes include both a repeat of course slides in which the user must complete a step exactly as taught in the course and two multiple choice questions at the end. Per our customer's requirements, learners must obtain a score of 100% to pass. If they do no pass, they have to repeat the entire quiz and the retake quiz button takes them to the first quiz slide. Many thanks to Liev for helping me display a Return to Course button after 3 failed attempts.   

Now the customer changed the requirement. When a learners takes an incorrect action or answers a question incorrectly, they want the learner to returnn to the spot in the course that has the correct answer and then let them return to the quiz action/question that they got wrong to provide the correct action/answer.

Does anyone know if this is even possible in Captivate?

Thank you,

Cheryl

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cheryl, my name is 'Lieve', difficult for English speakers, pronounce almost like 'leave' but with two syllables., not hdiing the second one. Maybe call me Lily?

For the question slides you can use Remediation. You can find several videos about the setup. It will navigate the learner to a content slide if the question is failed. The Next button on the Conent slide needs to have the command 'Return to Quiz' and will do so only when coming from a question slide.

For the actions in the software sim slides, never tried this out. You probably will need a custom solution. Problem: do they have to visit one content slide, or a sequence of content slides before returning to the action/question slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lieve 

You are always so quick to provide feedback.  I appreciate your support.  I will try the Remediation solution with the question slides.  For the action slides, in most cases it is just one slide; however, it could be multiple, but sequential slides that they have to revisit.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I would choose to create shared actions for the action slides. Let me know if you have issues with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thank you again, Lieve.

I will check out your posts on shared actions. 🙂

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources