• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return to last slide

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. My project has 2 help slides and we can navigate between them, (they are slides 2 and 3 on the project). Slide 3 can be accessed from any of the other slides, and from there the user can decide which aspect of help they need. My problem is that I would like the user to be able to return to the slide from which they accessed the help. Obviously, a simple button with a 'return to next slide' action is no good, as if they access both help slides and then try to return they are in the 'help' loop. So my question is "how do I do that?"

As always, all help greatly appreciated.

Robbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, you cannot use the system variable cpInfoLastVisitedSlide because that could get the user in a loop. You'll have to store the value the slide from where the user navigates, in a user variable (will label it v_last), to 'fix' it. I would recommend to use the same event that triggers the navigation to the help slides to execute that command, which means you'll have a standard advanced action like this:

• Assign v_last with cpInfoCurrentSlide
  • Jump to Help_one

The Success event of the Return button on both Help slides will then trigger this action:

• Expression cpCmndGotoSlide = v_last - 1

Depending on the setup of slides, maybe you'll need to add Continue to that return action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri and many thanks. This is somewhere outside my skill set and so I'll have to try to get up to speed on variables and advanced actions - do you know if there are any tutorials out there to get me started?

Again many thanks - Robbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally new to variables and Advanced actions? OK, will try to write out a short blog post with the work flow you need and be back with the link when I'm ready. It will be too long to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri - many thanks indeed that will be extremely helpful. I look forward to receiving the link.

Robbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lieve, I'm not ignoring you here I just am concentrating on getting something built for the client. I'll have a go at the process next week. Your help is much appreciated! Robbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources