Highlighted

Review Quiz option taking users to next slide

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-

I'm troubleshooting an issue that users are experiencing with the Review Quiz button on the results screen in Captivate 2019.  For some reason, when you select the review quiz button the first time it comes up, it takes you to the next slide (which is the last slide of the project).  If you hit the back button and then press the Review Quiz button again, it actually takes you to review the quiz. 

I'm stumped as to why this would be happening....Is there somewhere that I should be setting the review quiz settings? I do have the Quiz Pass or Fail settings action to continue, but I wouldn't think this would prevent the Review Quiz button from functioning. Since the review quiz does work when I go back to it, I know my quiz slides are setup properly.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Review Quiz option taking users to next slide

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-

I'm troubleshooting an issue that users are experiencing with the Review Quiz button on the results screen in Captivate 2019.  For some reason, when you select the review quiz button the first time it comes up, it takes you to the next slide (which is the last slide of the project).  If you hit the back button and then press the Review Quiz button again, it actually takes you to review the quiz. 

I'm stumped as to why this would be happening....Is there somewhere that I should be setting the review quiz settings? I do have the Quiz Pass or Fail settings action to continue, but I wouldn't think this would prevent the Review Quiz button from functioning. Since the review quiz does work when I go back to it, I know my quiz slides are setup properly.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal at all. Which exact version number are you using (Help, About Captivate)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri It says I'm using 11.5.1.499 2019 Release.  I should note that I didn't originally develop the project, so I'm not sure what they used.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the most recent version for Windows.

I wonder if you are bumping onto an upgrade corruption? Since you don't know which version was used on creation. Has the theme been upgraded, did they respect the embedded objects on quiz and score slides? 

Quiz slides are particularly sensitive to upgrading. For that reason I always recommend trainees to keep the questions either in GIFT or in CSV format, so that it is easy to recreate them from scratch. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that is the issue - I'll disable the review for now, and try to get some time on the calendar to re-create the project and see if that fixes the bug.  Many thanks for assisting in troubleshooting!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0