• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click Click Box Captivate 9

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a software simulation which captures some right click steps to add information into a field using copy and paste. Once I recorded and reviewed, I got this warning,

One click box of this project have the 'Right-Click' property enabled. Right-click works only on web browser. Preview (if not on a web browser) can cause the 'Right-Click' to work as 'Left-Click'. Do you want to continue?

Can anyone suggest how Captivate manages shortcuts and particularly right click functions for a swf project or if I need to redo the simulation as a responsive file?

Thanks for any articles or advice that will help me understand this better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Right-click functionality for SWF output resides in the JS file which is created along with the other files.

Since that file is only called when played in a browser, you need to use the Preview method In Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click functionality for SWF output resides in the JS file which is created along with the other files.

Since that file is only called when played in a browser, you need to use the Preview method In Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what the error message is saying said another way though. I need an article about how Captivate manages shortcuts when recording simulations or I am wondering if I need to direct the simulation to be captured another way since there are ways the operation could be captured.

Is your point that they will work but I can only preview in the browser? When I publish these, I planned on choosing both HTML 5 and SWF formats for uploading to our LMS.

Thanks all the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, that was the point. Be careful: I hope you did see that within 2 years Flash player will be definitely disappear (from all browsers). I would certainly focus on HTML5 at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for following up. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PreviewHTML.png

I found that if I previewed my project in this way I could see/use the right-click functionality. Thought I'd share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources