Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click Help needed

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 11.5.5.

Is it possible to have a graded area (clickbox or transparent button) set to require a right click that can display failure window on failed attempts, be included in the quiz and assigned to display an object when incrrectly right clicked? ?

I'm developing a training in SCORM 1.2 html5 and posting to an LMS.

One slide has a click box set to require a right click. 

Right clicking in the area works as expected.

However, right clicking out side of the click box only exposes the browser right click menu instead of  a preferred failure text box. The failure text box does appear as expected if the slide is incorrectly left clicked.

I tried by covering the outside area with multiple click boxes assigned to show a window on right click, but this broke the slide and how the initial area works. I looked for a conditional advanced action, but could not find a logic for incorrectly right clicking.

Any advice? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I would do. Create a smartshape with your failure message but make it not visible in output (click on the eye icon next to the objects label). Next place a clickbox that covers the entire slide. Set this click box to right-click and the action will be an advanced action that performs the following actions

Show SmartShape_1
Delay Next Actions By 3 seconds
Hide Smartshape_1

Finally, place your correct click box to cover just the area you need it to cover and have it perform the action of Co to the next slide or whatever action you need of it. This way there is no possibility of seeing a context menu from the browser.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Paul, this worked for what I needed. Lilybiri's method might work, I did not try it since Paul's came in forst and it worked for my needs. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided this is NOT a responsive project (where you cannot stack objects in a normal Fluid box), I just double-checked the workflow which I have always recommended:

• Have the primary Click box (with right-click) on top of the stack. If you don't have Infinite Attempts checked, make sure to set the Last Attempt action to 'No action'.
  • Create a secondary Click box (right-click) which covers the complete slide, but is UNDER the first click box. Use its Success caption/shape to show the so-called Failure message. I would prefer to set it to Infinite attempts as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem with using the built in Success caption for the so-called Failure message is that while it displays subsequent right clicks will show the right click context menu. That's why I suggested displaying the Smartshape for a short period of time using the advanced action.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I say 'double-checked', that means I have explored the behavior described in my answer in multiple browsers. It works for me, provided you set the action of the secondary click box to No action and have Infinite attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources