• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll Over Images in Captivate 11 (CP2019)

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am creating a test for pre-hire in the construction industry. I need to be able to have users view certain drawings for certain questions. I am fully aware of the HTML5 issue with roll over images, which is what I used to use several years ago in a previous job. I know that roll over images are not going to work on mobile. Which is not a concern at the moment. But, does anyone have a work around for roll over images or a suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alternative is click/reveal. The click will be a tap on mobile.  You can use a toggle button to achieve this. Have a look at;

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem with this click/reveal is that I can see quiz questions through the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Embedded objects on quiz slides have priority over custom objects. You need to edit the quizzing master slide. Maybe you can find some information in:

Captivate's Quizzes (5): Master Slides - eLearning

It is one of a sequence of blogs about quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 doesn't stop rollover objects from working in Captivate unless you are talking about the Rollover Slidelet, which requires SWF.  Rollover captions, Rollover image objects, and Rollover Smartshapes all work in HTML5 on desktop or laptop computers.

Will the users be viewing the content from mobile devices at all?  If not, and they will have the option of using a pointing device (e.g. mouse or trackpad) to navigate content, then there's really no reason why you can't still use rollovers with HTML5 output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP talked about mobile....  A responsive project with Fluid Boxes will not accept any rollover. I even created a blog, explaining how you can have it anyway in suc a project, only for desktop/laptop where mouse or trackpad is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have misunderstood Lieve.

OP said: "I know that roll over images are not going to work on mobile. Which is not a concern at the moment."

My thought was that he meant viewing the content on mobile devices was not likely to be an issue, perhaps because only desktops were being considered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my misunderstanding in that case. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources