Highlighted

Rollover Image works not run reliably

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I often use the Rollover Image function, but it works not run reliably in the Internet Explorer. In the preview of Captivate it works perfectly. If I publish it and open it in Inernet Explorer 11, it will not work properly. The same problem in Chrome.

Here is a video in which I show the problem.

Is there generally a future-oriented function with which is similar as the Image Rollover function?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rollover Image works not run reliably

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I often use the Rollover Image function, but it works not run reliably in the Internet Explorer. In the preview of Captivate it works perfectly. If I publish it and open it in Inernet Explorer 11, it will not work properly. The same problem in Chrome.

Here is a video in which I show the problem.

Is there generally a future-oriented function with which is similar as the Image Rollover function?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Captivate preview uses Flash Player, but you appear to be publishing to HTML5 is that correct?

If so, you need to be aware that SWF performance is usually better than current HTML5 technology allows.  However, SWF is no longer a viable output alternative for future.

You appear to be testing this from your local network or local drive. Have you tried testing from a web server or LMS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats correct. I use HTML5. So is there a chance to became a better performance with HTML5? Or is there another function with the same solution like Rollover Image that works better with HTML5?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you get too worried about the performance, do as I suggest and test your output from a web server or LMS.  That's where HTML5 output is intended for delivery.  What you may be experiencing at the moment could simply be something that happens outside of a web server environment.

There isn't really another option for rollovers images.  If Captivate had run-time events that fired on rollover or rollout, you could have potentially used Object States and Advanced Actions to effect a similar result.  But it doesn't have these events for all objects.

In any case, even if the same issue presents itself when running from a web server, the only other alternative you might have to improve performance would be to try and code the rollovers yourself using JavaScript.  But since Captivate's underlying HTML5 code already uses JavaScript you would need to be a better JS programmer than the ones they already have working for Adobe.  So good luck with that.

Another thing you should also consider is that if your target audience is going to be using handheld touch screen devices to view your content then it makes no sense to use rollovers anyway because they don't apply in the mobile world.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I try this on a webserver. But youre right. For the future, i have to found another solution when we want to use this on mobiles devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F11 is the only preview which generates a temporary HTML file. At least if

you talk about a non-responsive project.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 09:31 Quality Assurance <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 0