Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover Picture - Image quality

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with the Rollover Image function. In captivate, the resolution of the picture ist good. But when i export the file or use the preview function, the quality of the rollover image ist really bad.

Here in Captivate (2017)

Here in the preview

How can i rech a better resolution? Or know somebody a alternative funktion for rollover images? Now i export and preview with Shockwave. But maybe there is a besser solution that is also compatible with HTML5 for the future?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create the rollover image in exactly the size (in pixels) which you use in Captivate? Which format did you use: JPEG or PNG24?

Of course, rollovers are not available on mobile devices, though they may be functional on desktop/laptop in HTML output. Alternative is to use a click/tap to open the bigger image. You can use a toggle button, in the way I described here:

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rollover image is a little bit larger than i use for the project in captivate (600x622px). Its a PNG File with 24bit.

Thank you for the link to your blog. But i think i need more experience. I dont know how can i insert this toggle button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly use a shape button. Use the Big Button Bar, either Interactions, Button or a shape which you convert to a button by using the option 'Use as a button' in its properties panel.

If you don't use the exact size, maybe you did resize without keeping the width/heigh ratio: when resizing with the mouse always keep SHIFT pressed while dragging a corner point of the bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i uderstand. I insert a shape button and use it as a button and i can make it transparent. I can link it to some cation like jump to another page. And i can also give a rollover action like chance the colour or something else. But how can i use it with an rollover picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote that this is an alternative for rollovers, using a click/tap and a toggle button.  On first click/tap the image is shown, on the second it is hidden and this process can be repeated as many times as you want. It is illustrated in the blog post, a toggle button using the user variable v_visib.

Each button can have 4 InBuilt states: besides Normal, you have Rollover, Down and Visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I want to try this. I think this is a good solution and it can be used on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources