• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Runtime Dialog buttons blank Captivate 10.0.0.192

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Captivate 10. My runtime dialogs do not have any text on the buttons. I thought it was a problem with the settings in Object Style Manager, but that didn't help. I'm using the white template publishing to HTML5 content. I can get them to show up in other templates, but I am modifying courses created previously in Captivate 9 (where the runtime dialog buttons worked with this template). Thanks for any and all help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

If you open the Captivate template file located here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2017 x64\HTML\index.html

FInd the lines below and add the line in bold:

cpXHRJSLoader.js(lJSFiles,function()

{

//console.log("js loaded");

cp.model.data.rtDialog.rtokb = "OK";

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the OS you are using and if you purged your preferences?

Can you add a screenshot to highlight your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-06-12 18.34.02.pngI'm using OSX (Sierra 10.12.5) and yes I purged the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with a customized runtime dialog box on 10.12.6 Sierra. Only the "OK" button (now the default shows as "Ok") is hidden. I won't mention the fact that it drives me crazy that the text isn't centered vertically in the button, but...seriously?

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 11.12.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I am having the same problem as the one described above. Could someone help us find a solution to the missing label on the runtime dialog box? It looks unprofessional to publish a module with this problem. I want the label to be OK. Where can I add the language?

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 12.16.08 PM.png

Please help!

Heloisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II tried changing the button label text in several different places in the CPM.js file, but nothing seemed to work until I saw that a lot of the dialog box button text was there...except for the OK button; it was blank. I added that text and when I uploaded the file to the SCORM cloud it showed up!

Here's how I did it: search for "rtokb:" (stands for run time ok button) you will see empty single quotes. This is right before the run time cancel button [rtcb:'CANCEL'] Just add OK (or whatever you want) between them. Example: rtokb:'OK'

There may be a more elegant way of doing it, but it worked for me. Please note that you will have to make the change in the published file assets/js/CPM.js file and then save it. You will have to do this each time you publish the file. I have not yet figured out how to do it automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're also having the same issue every time we publish (MAC: 10.13.6, PC: Windows 10, both running Captivate 10.0.1.285).

We have to manually add it in the js every time we publish, which is a huge pain.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you share the process you use to do that (manually add it in the js every time we publish) in case other users need support in that area?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process we use is the same as the one moyco described.

• Open Assets > js > CPM.js
  • Edit
  • Search for ‘CANCEL’
  • Next to ‘cancel’ replace rtokb: ' ' with rtokb: 'OK'
  • Save

This needs to be done every time you publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to edit the CPM.js with JavaScript in the index.html template file.

I have examples for CP8, but I'll look at it tomorrow and post the solution so you never have to edit the CPM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Captivate template file located here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2017 x64\HTML\index.html

FInd the lines below and add the line in bold:

cpXHRJSLoader.js(lJSFiles,function()

{

//console.log("js loaded");

cp.model.data.rtDialog.rtokb = "OK";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us who use a Mac, the file lives here:

Applications/Adobe Captivate 2017/HTML/index.html

The rest of the instructions will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this solution and it worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also change the title of the dialog box from Adobe Captivate to whatever you want with this line:

cp.model.data.rtDialog.rtWarningTitle = "Your Title";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to change the standard dialog box to a Sweetalert.js dialog box? Looks much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources