• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saba LMS - Objects randomly disappear from Captivate slides

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, when I upload Captivate courses into our Saba LMS, I randomly have slide objects disappear when users walk through the course. 

One user will take the course and not have an issue, then another user will take the same course and send me a screenshot with the a block of text missing (sometimes even one of the answers on a multiple choice assesment slide). I've even had random objects disappear from my slides when viewing these courses in Saba.

The only possible comparison I can draw from the many different times it has happened is potentially internet bandwidth. The issue occured for me late in the evening when our databases are backing up, and for some of our users it's been when they are at home or at one of our smaller locations. 

I don't have this issue with our LMS when I use other course dev tools such as Articulate Storyline -- it only happens with Captivate.

If anyone has experience or suggestions on how to resolve this, I would appreciate it! We have dozens of courses built in Captivate and I would hate to have our team need to rebuild all of these in Storyline (which we did do with a couple of urgent courses).

Thanks,

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, always make sure there isn't a new update to your version of Adobe Captivate. For example, on Windows running Adobe Captivate 2019, the most up to date version right now is 11.5.1.499. Making sure you are running the latest version available to you might solve problems caused by software bugs.

The fact that some people experience these problems and some do not, likely means it's the LMS or web server and not something wrong with your Captivate project. Still, take a look at the project size. A best practice is to optimize your multimedia as you build your courses. For example, you might download a stock photo for use in your project. Its resolution might start at 5760 x 3840 and be about 5 MB in size. That might not sound too large, but if you have 100 such images in your eLearning project, that would be considered very large. Dropping it down to 1024 x 683 and optimizing it while exporting at that size could reduce the file size of such an image to as little as a few hundred kilobytes. If your course is loading many megabytes per slide, items such as images, videos, and yes, even text may not load quickly or also at all.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most recent version for Mac users is 11.5.4! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources