Exit

Save page progress Captivate SCORM in Moodle

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem.

First of all, I use Captivate 8. I made a Scorm and I Published with the option " send data on every slide".

I create a TOC, too, with different sections and I Published to a Moodle Platform.

But when the student is making the Scorm, the progress doesn't appear correctly, I mean, in the TOC appears each title "checked" after all the pages of the section has beeen seen. If the student close the scorm, the scorm doesn't save the real progress and it puts the student at the beggining of the section. Doesn't matter if the project says" do you want to go to the las page visited"? because the system doesn't respect the real progress.

How can I solve that problem?

Thank you in advanced....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Self Paced Learning should be turned OFF if you are also using an LMS because Resume Data bookmarking used by the LMS will over-ride the Self-Paced Learning bookmarking anyway.  (Self-Paced Learning bookmarking is intended for use where you are just playing files from a web server that is NOT an LMS using SCORM.)

Have you established for certain that your LMS is definitely capable of supporting Resume Data bookmarking?

I would suggest you test your current SCORM zip file on the SCORM Cloud online

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this TOC the one that comes with Captivate's Skin and Playbar, or are you talking about a TOC that you have created by yourself using buttons or other slide objects?

Just clicking Send Data on Every Slide doesn't turn on LMS bookmarking.  You also need to ensure the option for Never Send Resume Data is NOT SELECTED.  That will mean that resume data is sent to the LMS when the learner closes down their module before completion.

However, even with bookmarking turned on, whether or not your TOC will show the correct progress when they resume depends on a number of factors.  So please answer the question I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

The TOC is the one that comes with Captivate's Skin and Playbar and  "Never Send resume Data" is NOT selected. I selected Send Data on every Slide, and in the TOC menu I selected "Self passed learning" and "Navigate visited slides only".

The problem is that the system doesn't save the real progress (only save the slides I have in the TOC). If one student stops beetween one section and the next section, the system takes the student to the beginning of the section (but not to the beginning of the SCORM).,

The project has 100 slides prox. and the zip files 35MB aprox.

Our server has 15GB and I think our Campus occupies almost that capacity.

Could that be the problem?

It's very estrange....

Thank you so much in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Self Paced Learning should be turned OFF if you are also using an LMS because Resume Data bookmarking used by the LMS will over-ride the Self-Paced Learning bookmarking anyway.  (Self-Paced Learning bookmarking is intended for use where you are just playing files from a web server that is NOT an LMS using SCORM.)

Have you established for certain that your LMS is definitely capable of supporting Resume Data bookmarking?

I would suggest you test your current SCORM zip file on the SCORM Cloud online LMS (free) to see whether it correctly bookmarks. If SCORM Cloud does it as expected, then the issue would appear to be with your own LMS or how it is set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your help.

I will test now the SCORM where you have told me and I will see. If everything goes OK, I will inspect the LMS (I use Moodle)

It's estrange because I did it before and everything run correctly but, lately, I have problems.

I will tell you the solution... if I find it

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very much.

I've solved the problem turning OFF Self Paced Learning... If I have the "Self Paced Learning" on but I publish the scorm in Flash, everything goes OK, But If I publish only in HTML, the problem of progress appears. Now I know it...

Now, the progress in the scorm goes OK (Turning OFF the "self paced Learning")

Thank you, again, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources