Highlighted

Scored Quiz Questions in Overlay Slides??

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I tried posting this it got marked as SPAM, so I'm trying again...

I'm creating a project where an interactive video of an office role-play situation plays on a slide. At different points in the video, the user needs to identify personality traits that the actors in the role play are expressing. These would be simple multiple choice prompts such as: Which trait is being expressed, here? Flexibility, Risk-Taking or Delegation?

Captivate's interactive overlay slides seem perfect for this, especially when using knowlege check slides to ask multiple choice questoins. The issue is, I need these question to be scorable and trackable by the LMS. Knowledge check slides are unable to be scored and used in a final quiz, and actual quiz question slides are unable to be used as overlay slides for interactive vidoes. *facepalm*

Does anyone have a simple way to create custom multiple choice question slides that can be used in overlay videos?

...but I'm not a javascript expert.

I'm just looking for any type of hints or help on this, if this is something someone has tackled before. The knowlege check slides overlayed is such an easy way of doing it, with no custom work at all - its just a shame that they can't be scored.

Topics

Advanced actions, Audio and video, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scored Quiz Questions in Overlay Slides??

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I tried posting this it got marked as SPAM, so I'm trying again...

I'm creating a project where an interactive video of an office role-play situation plays on a slide. At different points in the video, the user needs to identify personality traits that the actors in the role play are expressing. These would be simple multiple choice prompts such as: Which trait is being expressed, here? Flexibility, Risk-Taking or Delegation?

Captivate's interactive overlay slides seem perfect for this, especially when using knowlege check slides to ask multiple choice questoins. The issue is, I need these question to be scorable and trackable by the LMS. Knowledge check slides are unable to be scored and used in a final quiz, and actual quiz question slides are unable to be used as overlay slides for interactive vidoes. *facepalm*

Does anyone have a simple way to create custom multiple choice question slides that can be used in overlay videos?

...but I'm not a javascript expert.

I'm just looking for any type of hints or help on this, if this is something someone has tackled before. The knowlege check slides overlayed is such an easy way of doing it, with no custom work at all - its just a shame that they can't be scored.

Topics

Advanced actions, Audio and video, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember your question, did not mark it as spam (wonder who did), even thought I had answered.... not sure.

Since quite a while I planned a blog about this situation, and I do not use JS unless it is really necessary as you may see in my blog posts. However, since very few users seem to be interested in interactive video, I didn't find it worthwhile to spend hours on it to create an example and a blog. My free time is limited, have priorities. I published two interactive videos, one of them never gets a view... why should I bother in that case?

http://blog.lilybiri.com/character-editing-part-2-interactive-video

Essential quesstion is: do you need to transfer the score to a LMS? You say YES, and that makes it a lot more complicated. It is the reason that Greg is using JS for that purpose. Alternative to avoid JS is to use the (not-free) CpExtra widget by InfoSemantics which allows you to transfer the value of user variables to Quizzing System variables (normally they are read only).

If my memory is correct, I was the first to use the term "custom question" on my blog. Have a lot of examples, many of them are bit older and that means the embedded example is stilL SWF output.  I never used JS, only advanced/shared actions and Scored objects. That could be a possibility.

Another workflow could be to use default quiz slides outside of the interactive video slide and use advanced/shared actions to return to bookmarks in the interactive video slide. It may perhaps lead to lags, especially in the case of long videos. My long answer will perhaps clarify why I didn't write out the blog. It would take me hours or even days to find the easiest workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MrTibb LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the input, thanks.  I'll explore your suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group