• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scoring mutliple choices from a quiz question

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up a quiz that the user must select the correct answer before advancing. However, in the reporting functionality, I would like the quiz to report how many times a user selected an incorrect answer before selecting the correct answer. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on the LMS. Will it show you user variables? There is no system variables which tracks the number of attempts on a question slide. You'll have to tweak the question. I would prefer to create a custom question in that case because it is easier to control. A question slide has only two events: On Success and Last Attempt. There is no 'Failure' event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by "create a custom question?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a question created usting objects and scored objects in Captivate. I just published an example of a cutom hotspot question in the eLearning Community:

Custom Hotspot Question with SVG buttons - eLearning

My personal blog contains  multiple examples. Here is one:

Link score to attempts in Custom questions - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources