• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scorm 2004 Status Represenation

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was previously publishing courses in Scorm 1.2 format, but I now need to publish in Scorm 2004 4th Edition.  In 1.2, I was had to select a Status Representation when publishing.  The options were Incomplete/Complete and Incomplete/PassFail.  Where do I make that select with 2004 format?  It doesn't appear Captivate gives me the option to select a Status Representation in Scorm 2004.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Quiz > Reporting settings you select SCORM 2004 from the Standard dropdown list and then you will see that there are separate sections for Completion and Success. In SCORM 1.2 there was just one variable to track both of these, but SCORM 2004 separates them into separate objects.  It was just one of several improvements made to the standard because then it became possible to track whether someone completed a course but did not pass or whether someone passed before they reached the end, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't answer my question though.

I understand how you designate complete criteria in terms of access, view, and quiz score.  You have to make the same type of settings in Scorm 1.2 as in Scorm 2004.

However, in 1.2, you need to select a "Status Representation" such as Incomplete/Complete or Incomplete/PassFail. 

I don't see where I make that selection in 2004.

I also use Articulate and in that system you have to make the Status Representation selection in both 1.2 and 2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you will find that because SCORM 2004 uses separate variables to track status for completion and success that makes the Status Representation setting redundant.  The LMS can use the separate variables to determine what to show the end user.

The fact that Storyline's interface still shows it doesn't mean the LMS needs it for SCORM 2004.

Just test your course module with the settings I have suggested and see if it works.  That's what you mainly need isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources