Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scorm files

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am new to Adobe Captivate and the E-Learning world in general. I am inserting a video that I would like to require a user to watch the entire video before marking complete. My LMS implementation team is telling me this setting must be done within Captivate. Can anyone help me get my problem resolved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if they watch the video with eyes closed? Ridiculous for adult learning.

How did you insert the video? It needs to be inserted as slide video. Insert a next button on the slide, with a timeline which starts just before the end of the video. You can even add a score to that button. Of course it means that you need to disable the playbar and its possibility for scrubbing the progress bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in the same thing, but don't understand your explanation. 

I am currently working on a 44 minute video that I want folk to watch until the end before it willmark them as having completed. We have inserted as a Slide video and spread it across twenty-two 2 minute slides. Is there an action or advanced action, even if attached to a buttoin, that will send a message to the LSN that the video has been watched?

Your explanation says "...with a timeline which starts just before the end of the video". Isn't the whole CAptivate project done on a timeline? What does this mean? How do you "start a timeline" at specific point in a presentation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has many timelines, not just one timeline like in a video.

Each object has its individual timeline, except the embedded objects (quiz, score slides, feedback messages, Submit buttons...).

VideoNext.PNG

In the screenshot you see the timeline of one slide, it has two object timelines: one for the slide video, and one for the Next button. The last one starts, and will appear shortly before the end of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also add the video as an object - then on an advanced action on slide entrance:

• Delay the next action by the length of the video
  • Show the next button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@myBonne  I hope you are aware of the fact that Delay Next Actions will not be paused when the learner pauses the video? This means that when the learner pauses 5 minutes video at 1 minute, the Next button will appear after 5 minutes even if the video has not been resumed. Not at all foolproof in this use case. Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! I don't like forcing learners through forced interactions. We call it a secret easter egg. SMEs get what the wants and learners can "skip" if they need too.  And really, an assessment will prove the knowledge transfer. Shhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources