• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Multipackager

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to publish a multiscorm package, that requires the user to proceed in order.  The individual SCORM zips are entered in the order they should be taken.  (I'm using SCORM 1.2 standard).  When I click Multiple SCOs template for version 1.2, I do not see the "Force Module Sequence" checkbox.   Simple Remediation and Pre-test or Post-test seems to require SCORM 2004.  I thought I have been able to force module sequence in SCORM 1.2 projects before.  Has this changed?  Do I have to republish to SCORM 2004 in order to force sequence?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - my apologies that my response does not directly answer your question but is instead, a related thought.

My response is this...

I am able to force the sequence of modules for the learner through my LMS.

The next module unlocks when the prior one is completed.

Are you using an LMS? If so, do you know if that is a supported function of the LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our LMS may be capable of forcing sequence, but I believe it gets this through the manifest, which has the SCO's in the correct order.  However, when the user accesses the published course the order is different from what I published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose one difference may be that when I set this sort of thing up - I am publishing and uploading the content packages separately to the LMS. When I build a course with them - that is when I place them in the order I want them to go through. I can then place completion criteria on the module and force the sequence to be ordered.

So - in that sense, there is no sequencing based on the manifest in my case.

I don't know if that is a worthwhile avenue to investigate for you or not.

Perhaps someone else can weigh in more about the multipackaging part - I have never used it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will talk to my LMS admin to see, but I think the LMS is quite limited in this respect.  We;re using a very old LearnSoft LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SCORM sequencing rules were introduced with SCORM 2004, that's why you are not seeing the option in the MultiSCORM Packager unless your modules are all SCORM 2004.

https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/run-time/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=natural_sea...

https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/sequencing/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=natural_s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources