Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM - next button

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have created a SCORM compliant zip package in Captivate 2017 that I then loaded into our LMS. I have the SCORM player settings set to play the video in frame with a "return to site" at the top in a navigation bar. There is a triangular "Play" button to the left of the "return to site" that shows as "next" when I hover over it. We don't want it there but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. My boss created a video in Articulate and his video does not have the next button, but the settings look the same. Has anyone run across this or know how to get rid of it? (It advances the video to the review/star page)

Next Button.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That button and Return to Site link look like to me they are part of the SCORM Player, not the Captivate module itself.  If that is the case, then you don't control them from within Captivate.  You need to check the settings inside the LMS for this course module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got confirmation that the Next button is part of SCORM 2004, 3rd & 4th Editions. If you produce in 2nd Edition, you won't have that button. You also won't see it in Ver 1.2. Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you get confirmation that this button is part of the later SCORM standards?  I don't remember there being any mention in the standard itself about having buttons. It's usually going to leave implementation options like that up to the LMS designers.

Are you sure what you might not mean here is that IN YOUR LMS when it is working with a SCORM 2004 3rd or 4th edition course THEN it ads this button in the player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources