Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM output - pixelated text and images

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Created a SCORM course in captivate 2017 and when tested in our LMS or via browser locally on my machine the font and images are quite pixelated.

The quality in the output settings is set to 100%.  Is there something else we're missing as far as a setting? 

From previous captivate versions the text and images have always appeared crisp and sharp such as on a PowerPoint slide.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the images resized in a graphics editor (e.g. PhotoShop) prior to inserting into the Captivate slides, or were they resized on the slide AFTER insertion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check whether your browser is displaying the content at 100%, or is perhaps set to a higher or lower display percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...all browsers that we tested in Windows (Chroms, Firefox & IE) are set to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rod.  The images were not resized once inserted into Captivate.  Same resolution / size.  It is set to responsive so it can resized to fill the screen whether laptop, monitor etc.

This issue is also impacting the text as well as seen below.  For reference this screenshot came from my laptop.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thank you.

Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this course responsive or non responsive?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul - set to responsive to resize appropriately in one's browser.

I haven't seen this before in other versions of Captivate.  Is there an output setting I need to verify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fluid Boxes work flow I suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri.  How would would Fluid Boxes impact all images and text making them pixelated?  And how would I fix them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I thought that if you published to HTML5 but in a non-responsive project the text gets converted to images instead of text. Makes for some ugly text from time to time. Also if it was non-responsive but with HTML scaling turned on in the publish that can give your course some ugly fuzzy images if the images are too small and stretched for a large browser. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread doesn't seem to have been resolved. My scorm course is crystal clear during editing, and also when previewed in HTML5. When I publish the course to scorm 1.2 and test on SCORM cloud it comes out blurry and certainly not crystal clear! Output settings changed, or something else? Really need a fix, this blurry quality does not reflect the quality of my content/price of the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have also added, these are my current settings.

Screenshot 2018-11-21 16.13.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the problem is with the HTML Scaling. While this is useful for scaling down a published project for smaller screen sizes when you view a course on a larger monitor, say something with 1920 x 1080, it will stretch all your content to fill a larger space. This has the effect of making things like anti-aliasing go from looking smooth to look jagged.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I'll try and publish without scalable ticket and see what happens! I guess if it works, it'll be a trade off between slightly blurry on bigger monitors or lack of scaling down for phones... I'll give it whirl anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I design each eLearning project for a client I always perform what I call a technical needs analysis. I find out as much about the target devices that my eLearning will be displayed on.

For example, if I learn that everyone takes training on desktop computers and the LMS is on a closed system so no wi-fi connected phones or tablets, I don't design for smaller screens. I find out what the largest size monitor most people are running and design my course for that size screen. I use http://howbigismybrowser.com/ to find out exactly what size is needed to fill a browser window and use that.

Then if I publish with HTML scaling checked it will only be scaling down and not up. My images and text always look fantastic. Unfortunately, this is something you need to do at the start of the project, not the end.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources