• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Quiz multiple choice show focus of selected checkbox

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a problem with the accessibility in my quiz. It contains severeal multiple choice questions. The customer needs a fully accessible and SCORM compatible version but I don't see a way to change the different checkboxes showing the focus. Has anybody an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this solution here: https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/05/maintaining-keyboard-focus-accessibility-tip/

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Wilson.

Thanks, but your solution only applies only on normal objects that can obtain the focus. I need a rectangle around a multiple choice question in a quiz. Do you have a solution for this subject?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you want exactly. 'rectangle around multiple choice question'? Or 'focus of selected check box? Or 'Change checkbox to show focus'? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't know understand why the current design of Captivate's radio button or check box arrays is not already considered 'accessible' by virtue of showing its selected state. 

If the learner has selected a radio button in a Multiple Choice quiz question then that radio button already shows which item was selected.  If it is checkboxes in a Multiple Answer quiz question, then each selected check box shows its current selected state.

If you are talking about having some additional visual indicator of selected state, then Captivate does not offer this functionality out of the box.  You would need to investigate getting someone to come up with a custom JavaScript solution that meets your own design requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and thanks for the reply.

The problem is that if the users uses the Tab key to focus one of the 10 checkboxes in my quiz, the user has no visual feedback. When the submit button is focused it is surrounded with a black line that indicates the focus and that is ok.

Is there a way to show the user which of the checkboxes has the focus before it's selected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources