• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM - time limit

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE are a developer of training courses and we have a customer who has asked us to SCORM file the course. The issue im concered with is the number is users and the course term limit. The courses price we ofdfer is based on numbe rof users and the course is only accessable for 1 year. The LMS that the customer is using is a thridparty and is not controled or accessable by us. We just hand over the SCORM file and thay pay us. Our legal; team is wrting the agrements, but im also hopeing SCORM will allow me some custom controlls. 

If I SCROM file my course will I loss that control or does SCORM allow you to set digital controls? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michaela91277128, which Adobe application or service is your inquiry in reference too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ... Yes the product is Adobe Captivate for the SCORM files and the LMS it wil be used in is docebo. I wont have access to the LMS as it is my cleints licnases. Im just the content creattor. Nortmally we make customers use our LMS, but this one customer wants to use our course in there LMS. When in my LMS, i can contorl the leight of the subscription, but once i release the SCORM file, its out there. now we will have a legal document and the custom is a govermant agency so i dont think i need to worry about sharing or posting online to others. its mostly the 1 year term and the number of users are my biggest concerens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCORM Cloud Dispatch service sounds like what you might need:

https://rusticisoftware.com/products/scorm-cloud/dispatch/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, you can set an expiry date for the course. 

2019-11-20_21-52-40.png

Click the Calendar button to choose a date. In the adjacent text box, you can specify the message to be displayed to users when the project expires. I would personally not use this feature, but it is available if you wish to use it. Instead of it merely expiring precisely 12 months from the day they start using it, I would put a month or two margins of error, giving them time to purchase another license. Also, be sure the client fully understands the course will stop working and be sure you follow up in 11 months to allow them to purchase more time from you. If so, publish a new version of the course for another year.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources