• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM1.2 looks different on LMS than offline version

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, got a problem to upload the captivate project on LMS and not sure why.

The project i created with pictures and animations, then i publish it to SCROM1.2 file and upload on LMS

After upload on LMS, some of the pictures are missing and the animations are not moving anymore.

The LMS admin told me there are no missing files (404’s) in Fiddler when she launch the course.

However, the file i published was very good and everything are in there.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

I'm using Captivate 2019 v.11.01

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give more details please. Which version are you using (full number)?  Is this a responsive or a non-resposnisive project? Did you publish to HTML5?

One possible cause can be that the server is not supporting JSON which is needed for the images.

For the animations: which type of animations do you use? SWF based animations will not play in HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2019 Release v11.0.1.266 a responsive project and i publish SCROM1.2         

My company is using SAP SuccessFactors as LMS, just curious have you heard any cases like mine? that may not support JSON?

For the animations, i just simply apply 2 sets of effect on one object which i think it is kind of basis function but the LeftToRigth is not working however the Zoom Out is working properly, in case it is not support then the Zoom Out will not work as well, right?

It really confused me! I'm new on captivate and hope someone can help me out. thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, cannot tell you if the server supports JSON you have to ask those responsile for the server. You can test on SCORM Cloud to see if the prolem is due to that for the images.

About the animations: you are not talking about animations but about effects. Can I see the timeline of that slide?  That may be due to a totally different cause.

I see a reuirement of 100% slide views, would never use that because you can never be sure that the learner will have viewed all slides totally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Well, i did test on SCORM cloud and it works just fine! however, not working on the LMS platform.

Image 291 is the object with problem effects.

I see a requirement of 100% slide views, would never use that because you can never be sure that the learner will have viewed all slides totally. <-- for this, what is your suggestion to ensure user read all the slides? how should i set it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you make the duration of that effect so long? Did you extend the motion path as well? I see tons of effects on that slide, is that not overkill? The motion effect would be so slow that it is barely visible.

A trick I often use is to have one scored object on the final slide, and require that the score has to be 100% . You'll need custom navigation, and make sure that the learner can only get to that final slide after having visited all slides. Much more foolproof. If you have buttons on a slide, you are not sure that all frames of the slide will be visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources