Highlighted

Screen only showing my wallpaper when I try to record a video Demo

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to record a video of my screen to create some content on how to use new software however I have come across a strange issue. No matter what I select to show in the demo (select window, application, set custom screen size), once the video is complete all I can see on the recording is the wallpaper of my computer. I can see the video of me in the corner and my curser moving around the screen but the window I'm working on is gone! When I am recording the video everything looks perfect and is definitely within the red box.

I am using a Macbook if this is helpful. Can anyone offer any advice?

TOPICS
Audio and video, Getting started, Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Screen only showing my wallpaper when I try to record a video Demo

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to record a video of my screen to create some content on how to use new software however I have come across a strange issue. No matter what I select to show in the demo (select window, application, set custom screen size), once the video is complete all I can see on the recording is the wallpaper of my computer. I can see the video of me in the corner and my curser moving around the screen but the window I'm working on is gone! When I am recording the video everything looks perfect and is definitely within the red box.

I am using a Macbook if this is helpful. Can anyone offer any advice?

TOPICS
Audio and video, Getting started, Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this application you want to record on your system? 

I am a Win user. Please, mention the exact version number you are using as you find under Help, About Captivate. Maybe you are not on the most recent version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have version 11.5.4 of Captivate. Our software platform just runs out of a normal browser and I am using Google Chrome. I did also try the full screen setting and that didn't work either so I'm not sure it's the application I'm trying to record that's causing the problems. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using multiple monitors and have not selected the correct monitor to record?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let everyone know - I had updated the settings on the Mac to give Adobe Captivate permission to control the screen but this didn't take effect until I had shut-down and re-started the program. This is working now! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0